I signed up for Afrihost Pure Fibre, and it is awesome

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Few people were as sceptical as me about moving back to Afrihost after the Pure Fibre announcement. I was with them for around 4 years after the decline of Mweb and got to experience the decline of Afrihost in full.

But the allure of 200Mbps at the same price as my previous 100Mbps, as well as some optimistic indications regarding the current state of the Afrihost network and the huge promos going on, made me willing to bite the bullet and see what happens. I was on CISP before, so used to very good network quality.

It's been half a month now and the connection has been flying the entire time. Latency has actually decreased a bit for me as well. I've certainly not noticed any telltale signs of network congestion around Netflix Time. And customer service has been excellent, although I've only used WhatsApp, telephonic and forum support as I don't trust ticket systems with any ISP.

Pure Fibre gets an easy thumbs up from me.
And it is you after all with Afrihost lol

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Yeah because I tested thoroughly on my 200Mbps line. There is no shaping.

View attachment 690449

The speeds after 1.6TB usage in just 12days :oops: Still same full line speed on everything.

Most people do not set their Disk Cache setting correctly in their torrent client causing disk io and ultimately speeds to tank especially on 100Mbps+ fibre lines.
Oh stop it man... Lol.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Still trying to find an ISP with no problems ever. Help me Cavedog lol
Everyone has their issues but when the issues are there every single day then it's a different story. Lucky for me Openserve you just dial another ISP's pppoe details and you are sorted. As for Afrihost so far so good.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Thank you for your post Mister.

Cleary we hurt you deeply and I am really sorry. I know that will probably never be enough for you and I completely understand and accept that. That doesn't mean that I won't keep trying to make it up to you and the others who we hurt. Will it work? Probably not. But I won't give up.

There's no question that we tried things in the past that didn't work. We made many mistakes. We were caught in some tough behind-the-scenes situations that I don't want to go into on a public forum - And we couldn't fix those situations as quickly as we would have liked.

However, no matter the reasons I take full responsibility for the failures. They were all mine and I accept it.

We hurt and let down many of our clients and power users (especially within the MyBB community), and the pain still runs very deep as is evident in your post and also in other posts that are anti-Afrihost.

For those we hurt who are open to possibly forgiving us we will and are working hard to regain your trust. And that's not a one day thing. It's not a week or a month thing either. It's years of consistent toil.

Hopefully in a year I can look back and see that we won the trust back of some of our power user clients who we hurt deeply. That would make me happy.

Now you may read this and immediately classify this all as bull - That I'm just saying it and don't mean it - That it's hollow marketing craptalk. You may never give us a chance again. And that makes me sad but it's OK and I completely understand and accept it.

However, someone reading this may give us a chance and try out Pure Fibre and our new support. And they may start the slow, slow journey to trusting us again. And that would be wonderful.

Trust is hard earned and easily lost. I do not for one second think this is going to be easy - We lost your trust but we are ready to work hard to regain the trust of those willing to give us a chance.

We won't rest until we've given it our best shot.

I sincerely believe we have the ability to bring the best Fibre experience to our clients with Pure Fibre and that's what we've chosen to dedicate our time and energy to.

Thanks again for your post and I sincerely wish you all the absolute best Mister.
Gian I'm hurt... Let me drive your Ferrari and then I'll be fine again lol

Antono

So name me one that gives you the best service always.
How a service provider handles a problem does not imply that they have the best service always. Support and pricing are the two primary reasons why consumers jump around between different service providers. Some, like financial institutes make it difficult but others like ISP and insurance is fairly easy and you could potentially be with a different one every few months. So if you are looking for the perfect service provider then good luck, you are going to be 'service-less' for a very long time.

Rabobi

Executive Member
I totally understand your feelings, and I know we've seen some negative perception over the last couple of years.

I truly believe that we've always had our clients best interests at heart, and most of our clients still have a great experience. But as we've grown, we could have been more aware of the impact on our systems, and been more agile in addressing training and process re-engineering requirements.

However, we've been doing this and getting back to basics. Our training team have been working exceptionally hard, along with our QA team and support managers, to make sure that we improve wherever possible.

I understand that you may not be ready to be first in line, but I do hope that you will eventually give us another chance. I am very confident that your experience will be very different.
Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha not

sand_man

Honorary Master
Been on Pure Fibre for just over a week now and it's been an absolute pleasure! Everything about the experience has been exemplary.

Still early doors but long may it continue...

Antono

How a service provider handles a problem does not imply that they have the best service always. Support and pricing are the two primary reasons why consumers jump around between different service providers. Some, like financial institutes make it difficult but others like ISP and insurance is fairly easy and you could potentially be with a different one every few months. So if you are looking for the perfect service provider then good luck, you are going to be 'service-less' for a very long time.
And as if to prove my point the support offered by Afrihost falls apart quite quickly and the way they handled it was {removed by profanity filter}

Freakboy

Expert Member
I do not believe it has anything to do with system automation. ISPAfrika is probably the worse ISP out there at the moment and their support is horrible. It took me 2 weeks of constant emailing and phoning to even get them to acknowledge my cancellation request. Their MO is to make it as difficult and uncomfortable as possible to cancel but I'm not sure to what end.
I'm still waiting for confirmation of my cancellation end of August. Have also phoned multiple times and emails also but can't get firm confirmation out of them. Already stopped my auto EFT payment so they are not getting anything more from me after yesterday's payment.
You are right, they where great at the start but now it seems they just want to keeps their customers trapped. Must be because everybody is jumping ship...

AJMartin64

I signed up for Afrihost Pure Fibre – Yes please

Afrihost’s new Pure Fibre products contained three tantalizing terms when they launched earlier this month:

1. Uncapped
  2. Unshaped
  3. Price cuts
As an Openserve fibre user with a 100Mbps uncapped account from a competing ISP, I was very interested in a potential upgrade.
I was a hair length away from signing up with them too after a bad run in with my current ISP of over 4yrs. After being on WISP with them for over 4yrs and having a good run for 99% of the time, the last 3mths before migrating to fibre with them was a bit hectic tbh. The only reason I decided to stay on is because it's been going fine for now and they r willing to leave the old wireless equipment as is in case the fibre goes offline, then they'll be willing to temporary connect me up on wireless until fibre service is restored at no extra cost. :)