I signed up for Afrihost Pure Fibre, and it is awesome

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
And as if to prove my point the support offered by Afrihost falls apart quite quickly and the way they handled it was {removed by profanity filter}
I see AfriFella has your PM messages and we are going to get this resolved for your ASAP.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I'm still waiting for confirmation of my cancellation end of August. Have also phoned multiple times and emails also but can't get firm confirmation out of them. Already stopped my auto EFT payment so they are not getting anything more from me after yesterday's payment.
You are right, they where great at the start but now it seems they just want to keeps their customers trapped. Must be because everybody is jumping ship...
Just be careful stopping your payment cos it could affect the line being released with the fibre provider.

I know it can be tough, but please stick it out so that you can get your line moved, then it will all be behind you :)

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Just as a matter of interest, why would one want to download torrents if u can live stream instead?
I'm guessing some content is not available on streaming. I know Hulu, for example, isn't available in SA, and they have some really great shows. Technically a VPN is also bypassing DRM, so it's a quandry.

Would be great if the content providers would give us a solution. I know most people are willing to pay for good content.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
My service is running top speed 100/10mbs throughout peak times, no problem. So you're saying during peak Afrihost is dropping in speed?
Looks like that test shows 100/50 running like a bomb. I'm guessing that's on Openserve?

joshuatree

Expert Member
What price increase can be expected on this service and when ? No use Afrihost offers a certain service at a competitive price just to increase it significantly in whichever time span.

Rocketnet , at R50 more expensive currently for the same line speed as Afrihost , has been serving me well since fibre became available in our area.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
What price increase can be expected on this service and when ? No use Afrihost offers a certain service at a competitive price just to increase it significantly in whichever time span.

Rocketnet , at R50 more expensive currently for the same line speed as Afrihost , has been serving me well since fibre became available in our area.
Afrihost knows better than to pull a bait and switch. That would be the end of their reputation here. The risk of that is miniscule.

If your current connection is faultless then I guess there's little point in moving. For me it was to double the speed at no additional cost. And I ended up decreasing latency which is nice.

STORMERSFAN

Hey Foxy. Evening made! Thanks so much for sharing and delighted to hear that you've managed to move on from that 2Mbps! Enjoy every moment!!
Mine was quite the opposite.. Cisp released my line on the 1st Aug.. I was only migrated on the 5thaug..after many frustrating interactions with the Whatsapp forums and empty promises by the reps here from afrihost.. It eventually took a call to head office to speak to someone senior.. Warren l was excellent and kept me in the loop.. I spoke to him at 2pm yesterday.. By 16.30 I was up and running.. This is the second time I've joined afrihost.. There won't be a third. Here's hoping that I don't have any problems..

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

We're definitely not planning to increase prices anytime soon. We may not be able to keep the promotion (R5k, 3 months, etc) going forever, but we plan to keep these prices as is.

In our almost 20 years we've only ever increased prices once, so I am confident prices will stay as is (or hopefully go down even further in the future).

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Mine was quite the opposite.. Cisp released my line on the 1st Aug.. I was only migrated on the 5thaug..after many frustrating interactions with the Whatsapp forums and empty promises by the reps here from afrihost.. It eventually took a call to head office to speak to someone senior.. Warren l was excellent and kept me in the loop.. I spoke to him at 2pm yesterday.. By 16.30 I was up and running.. This is the second time I've joined afrihost.. There won't be a third. Here's hoping that I don't have any problems..
I am really sorry about the downtime. I promise that in the background we were all working together to try and get you up and running. As far as I understand, there was a problem with getting the order submitted, and the guys tried up until COB on Friday to get it through without success. I promise that not a single person in the team was sitting on their hands - everyone did their absolute best for you.

Really glad that you are not connected - hopefully that will turn your experience around.

STORMERSFAN

I am really sorry about the downtime. I promise that in the background we were all working together to try and get you up and running. As far as I understand, there was a problem with getting the order submitted, and the guys tried up until COB on Friday to get it through without success. I promise that not a single person in the team was sitting on their hands - everyone did their absolute best for you.

Really glad that you are not connected - hopefully that will turn your experience around.
Pity the communication skills were so sorely lacking.. I sent u 2 or 3 messages asking u please to just call me.. Did u?

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Pity the communication skills were so sorely lacking.. I sent u 2 or 3 messages asking u please to just call me.. Did u?
I am really sorry I could only get to it in the evening. By the time I saw it I was told that your issue has already been sorted out between Warren, Afrigirl and the Fibre Ops team.

STORMERSFAN

I am really sorry I could only get to it in the evening. By the time I saw it I was told that your issue has already been sorted out between Warren, Afrigirl and the Fibre Ops team.
Apology accepted.. Don't u think u need more ppl to help on forums?

Freakboy

Expert Member
Just be careful stopping your payment cos it could affect the line being released with the fibre provider.

I know it can be tough, but please stick it out so that you can get your line moved, then it will all be behind you :)
Got confirmation on Friday after I got hold of somebody with something upstairs that my line will be released end of August. Asked for a email verification and that was also send thru :thumbsup:

So hopefully on the 1st of Sept I'm up and running :)

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Got confirmation on Friday after I got hold of somebody with something upstairs that my line will be released end of August. Asked for a email verification and that was also send thru :thumbsup:

So hopefully on the 1st of Sept I'm up and running :)
Awesome :)

Just remember that your free months only start when you get activated - so you are all good :)