I sold my scooter 5 years ago

Cmbscooter

I sold my scooter 5 years ago . I handed theyellow form in. There was a out standing on bike because non runner. Owner took responsibility for that since then I have bought or 4cars havehadno issue with putting on my name or renwing my lic. Butnow when i called in to see when my car lic exp . I got told not going to get my lic because bikesstill in my name.

If I go scrap it am I held lieable to out stand licence

Tman543

I sold my scooter 5 years ago . I handed theyellow form in. There was a out standing on bike because non runner. Owner took responsibility for that since then I have bought or 4cars havehadno issue with putting on my name or renwing my lic. Butnow when i called in to see when my car lic exp . I got told not going to get my lic because bikesstill in my name.

If I go scrap it am I held lieable to out stand licence
If you still have the details of buyer (ID and sale agreement) fill in another yellow form in and explain to the traffic officials the situation you in.
Sounds really weird though that 5 years have gone without you getting a notice to renew lic.

You can scrap it but will have to pay outstanding fees and pay fees to scrap the thing.

Neuk_

Executive Member
You handed the yellow form (COO) in to the traffic department?

Arthur

Honorary Master
"Handing in" the yellow form is not enough. Who did you hand it to - the janitor? When you follow the proper process you're given a printed acknowledgement of Receipt of Change of Ownership Notice. That's your proof that you did it properly. Without that acknowledgement you have no way of knowing that the Notice was processed. In your case above, it clearly wasn't.