I tested Telkom’s 500GB for R50 LTE deal – It was awesome

Marius Flash

Expert Member
This is the BEST deal ever from Telkom :) Because of this Telkom ....you have won many many hearts that will continue to keep smiling customers flocking back to your stores and keep paying R50 for 500GB of nightsurfer Data. Now we wait for more awesome mobile LTE-A deals in the very near future!

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
On their special I downloaded around 25-35GB per evening. Last month I used 3 500GB bundles. So, it has quite a bit of use for me.
What did you download? The guy I know who bought this only downloaded movies.

Marius Flash

Expert Member
On their special I downloaded around 25-35GB per evening. Last month I used 3 500GB bundles. So, it has quite a bit of use for me.
Geez :wtf: That is 1500GB ...And you used it all up ? Either you are a serious Gamer or you download anything & everything - you must have a great Router and be in a LTE-A area to justify that usage??

Adrianax

Banned
Geez :wtf: That is 1500GB ...And you used it all up ? Either you are a serious Gamer or you download anything & everything - you must have a great Router and be in a LTE-A area to justify that usage??
Yep. I have a private catalog of movies and series (for my own private use) that would make a company like Netflix look like a corner-video store.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Buy hard drives. Delete all SD content. Download HD/FHD/4k stuff.

Marius Flash

Expert Member
Yep. I have a private catalog of movies and series (for my own private use) that would make a company like Netflix look like a corner-video store.
What is the point to having such a huge library of Movies * Series , which you probably will never be able to view them all in your lifetime judging from the amount you already downloaded in a month...... Perhaps you will call yourself " Nax-Flix " :crylaugh::D

By the way you must have Externals all over the place for storage or you using the cloud? ( Watch out for Hurricanes ) :D

Adrianax

Banned
What is the point to having such a huge library of Movies * Series , which you probably will never be able to view them all in your lifetime judging from the amount you already downloaded in a month...... Perhaps you will call yourself " Nax-Flix " :crylaugh::D

By the way you must have Externals all over the place for storage or you using the cloud? ( Watch out for Hurricanes ) :D
No, obviously, I have a bunch of 3TB HDD's.

Borrels

Once I had played with the settings and read up on using one router aerial instead of two, my LTE connection was running at 25Mbps–30Mbps.
Wait, what? I've not head of this before. Does a single aerial speed things up? I assume these are the stock standard aerial that come with the router.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I managed to use around 350GB last month.
Since then, got a better router and switched to 2300mhz which is giving me much better download speeds.
Might try this again after my current night data runs out.

LiberateZANow

Adrianax thats good man you are super & I also a collector too. Are you using Torrents?