I tried to get debt collectors to stop calling me and they just wouldn’t

Dups!

Why is the author of this article even answering calls from unknown or private numbers? I never answer any call that's not from a number in my contact list. If it's important they can leave a voicemail.
I have stopped answering private calls years back, in fact, I have blocked all private calls.

The others are taken care by Truecaller.

Peon

Expert Member
I get airtime whenever someone calls me so I just place the phone in front of the tv or radio and let them have at it.
I load the "toast song" for them. The one lost it with me.

cpu.

Expert Member
What network are you on and how does this work
My guess is an old 8ta (Telkom) sim card. They give/used to pay 1c for every 3 seconds on incoming calls.

Edit: or 1 second for every 3 seconds

Reactions: Jan

genetic

Honorary Master
How many calls did you get? Friend got a new CellC SIM. Within an hour, dozens of phone calls (we think they are speaking Shwana) and 50 SMS from all sorts of people

He took it back and complained. The staff at CellC Sun Valley thought it a huge joke
You always have some out-there story to every situation... Don't know if I believe your posts anymore.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator

RedViking

Nord of the South
Bradley, Jan, Staff Writer... .same thing. Now relax and go answer your phone....

Corelli

I used to get that from Planet Fitness. People had closed their accounts 5 years before and everytime they had someone owing money to them that had the same surname as me, the debt collector would send tons of emails to me, my boss, and keep calling me asking why I don't know the person with the same surname as me that they are looking for. It got ridiculous. So I went online and dug up all the other users that complained (few hundred actually.. ie you had an account with them, but closed it 5 years ago, and since then you suddenly owe them money.) Anyway I typed up a long article about how corrupt this company was. And then I sent it to them, their debt collectors, News24, Cape Times, Cape Argus, etc. About 4 of them published the article, with the names of the people harassing me and the debt collector's names for them, and how rude and obnoxious they were.

After that I never got a call, an email or anything from them.

Magnum

Expert Member
Sent them Heavy Gore related photos disguised as proof of payment PDF's, got a program that generated a new subject under a Mail address and sent them a few thousand mails. This all after I explained very nicely they are not getting a Cent from me.

Still no action from their side.