I tried to get debt collectors to stop calling me and they just wouldn’t

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Depends on how it's implemented. One would make a ding in his bonus, the other would hardly even be noticed. This type of solution can be implemented at a low cost and easily developed.

But then again, you are right. It will not happen unless it's mandated from elewhere by somebody with teeth and willing to use those teeth. Let's be honest: They can't even manage a please don't market to me list despite the CPA.
There is a fraud management solution in the works that all the networks are playing nicely together to implement at present and although I don’t have first hand exposure to it the details mentioned above I believe are some of the things being checked against.

So something like this might not actually be too far fetched or impossible as the ground work is already being done.

Sollie

Expert Member
There is a fraud management solution in the works that all the networks are playing nicely together to implement at present and although I don’t have first hand exposure to it the details mentioned above I believe are some of the things being checked against.

So something like this might not actually be too far fetched or impossible as the ground work is already being done.
Not to bash the initiative. It's much needed. But this is a redevelopment of the wheel. A few years back, we had another local initiative. It was shockingly easy to stop fraud in a high percentage of the instances - the power of shared knowledge. This solution was free, it worked, but was taken over by a commercial group where it died a silent death after being commercialized.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Not to bash the initiative. It's much needed. But this is a redevelopment of the wheel. A few years back, we had another local initiative. It was shockingly easy to stop fraud in a high percentage of the instances - the power of shared knowledge. This solution was free, it worked, but was taken over by a commercial group where it died a silent death after being commercialized.
Well this is shared knowledge managed by an external entity, which is why it only works if everyone comes to the party.

If even one of them doesn’t play ball then it doesn’t really work.

Also it goes deeper than just mobile and also includes fixed line systems on some level from what I understood.

Yet to get the deeper details.

access

Executive Member
I have a number saved as Visa or comes up as Visa on Should I Answer? . They some times phone to confirm transactions on my credit card. They usually ask something like "are you the only owner to the credit card" "area code for your PO Box"..... They don't ask for ID numbers or Account number etc. But yes, I am always very suspicious and they first have to tell me their name and organisation and how they got my number.
yeah i got this attitude after being hung up on after a couple of questions a few times, felt like i was being phished...

ekske1

Executive Member
I have a number saved as Visa or comes up as Visa on Should I Answer? . They some times phone to confirm transactions on my credit card. They usually ask something like "are you the only owner to the credit card" "area code for your PO Box"..... They don't ask for ID numbers or Account number etc. But yes, I am always very suspicious and they first have to tell me their name and organisation and how they got my number.
Oh PCnessness :laugh:

I would just throw it under The ShitList. (like going back to bitchx/irc days...)