I upgraded my boring work laptop to an Asus ROG gaming notebook

Daruk

Honorary Master
Just don't open that thing up on the plane while sitting next to me, it's going to get my coffee on it.
15" is the sweet spot IMO.

crackersa

Honorary Master
I'm liking the new article titles. feels more personal and connects with readers.

DominionZA

Executive Member
Got the model 1 down from this sitting in it's box on top of the cupboard.
Prefer to use the Acer Predator.

Arzy

Honorary Master
I have the G751 with the 980, love the machine. It handles everything I throw at it and quickly became my work laptop as well.

It spends more time at home now sadly as new employer was proactive and got a sufficient machine before my arrival.

Apart from one service issue though my next upgrade will definitely be a ROG again.

DominionZA

Executive Member
"work " laptop :erm:

Colour me jealous.
Ye, it's on carb - but as a trade which I later charged to a sake, but the subject does not indicate that so not much attention.

The 'intend' part is actually closing that thread and starting a new For Sale thread. I am just lazy that way, and forgetful

McT

The Humble Scot!
I loved this read. Yes, I drooled on my 15.6" ThinkPad while reading through it. I poured over the details. The pipedream of being able to flip between work and games is just that, a pipedream. Still for a few wee moments I could enjoy the thoughts.

The fuller keyboard is something I would love to use, especially when regularly working through spreadsheets.

One day. Maybe...