I won't be happy until I lose my legs

GavinMannion

Executive Member
:shocked: that is insane.....

It's her leg though, if she doesn't want it then who are we to stop her.

Seems really stupid though.....

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Mrs he-who-shall-not-be-named?

Last edited:

Syndyre

Honorary Master
:shocked: that is insane.....

It's her leg though, if she doesn't want it then who are we to stop her.

Seems really stupid though.....
It would almost be better if they just amputated it medically. Therapy still seems like a better option though.

Angstrom

Wasn't there an episode of CSI on this issue?

Whatever show it was - absolutely fascinating.

Angstrom

It's amusing to see what kind of "psychological" illnisses are cropping up in our modern day society. It seems people are growing gradually disturbed as we evolve. I mean Body Dismorphia... come on. Stick them in a mental institution.

Here is a linky: http://www.cosmeticsupport.com/info/bdd3.html
Perhaps it's not so much that we are 'evolving' as such. It seems to me that the logical conclusion simply is that we are now capable of diagnosing these disorders. In addition, the lay-person these days is much more aware of things of this nature than they would have been pre-web-era.

It also stands to reason that as our population explodes it is inevitable that there will be more people afflicted with these issues.

What would be far more plausible to me is that a disorder such as this is a bizarre reaction of our increasingly more stressful lifestyles within the context of physiologies that have not kept up with the pace.

Personally I believe that many of these so-called new disorders are simply ones that we are gradually becoming aware of and have been around in seclusion for ages.

In addition to that, as I understand it, human physiology has not evolved as such in the last 30k years ... perhaps even longer than that.

All in all, it's extremely interesting.

etothex

It's amusing to see what kind of "psychological" illnisses are cropping up in our modern day society. It seems people are growing gradually disturbed as we evolve. I mean Body Dismorphia... come on. Stick them in a mental institution.

Here is a linky: http://www.cosmeticsupport.com/info/bdd3.html
I watched a program about this recently and sticking them in a mental insititution is not the right thing to do.

You should only stick people in a mental institution, if they are a threat to others or a threat to themselves. They only want to get rid of their leg/arm/whatever, not anyone elses. While it seems very weird, these people feel its necessary to do it.

People who have had the amputation won't start hacking off other limbs or other person's limbs and can function, otherwise, as normally as possible without the offending limb.

Putting people in an institution is the LAST place you want to send them!

SlickNick

Expert Member
Perhaps I was a bit hasty in saying that. However, rather than the institution, they should undergo some serious evaluations and some serious therapies. Loosing a limb in todays world is something rather hectic, as in when you try to find a job. How many people in your company has less than all their limbs? It makes them disabled if they cut off their parts.... well, not all their parts, else they become a different sex :)

Syndyre

Honorary Master
I think they should be subjected to major therapy and if its the therapists conclusion that its the best thing for them then get their limbs medically amputated, its better than a DIY job at home.

Myrrdin

Expert Member
The question is which came first, the tv-show or the disorder. Maybe the tv-show invented the disorder as a "that cant possibly be real situation" but as we all know there are some funny people out there.

neio

Banned
i think this woman should take a trip to Liberia here in Africa and go meet some of the amputees who's limbs were shopped off during the war/s

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
LOL it seems as though the words leg/limb will always have a weird connotation with the unnamed one on the forum :D