ibooks crash on 5.1 Jailbreak

macboer

I know there was problems with iBooks crashing on the 5.0.1 JB and then apparently it was fixed with Redsn0w update. I've used the latest Redsn0w to JB my 5.1 iphone4. Now iBooks spontaneously exits (but does not crash), though every time you try to open app it seems like it tries to load the books then, the screen goes white and the app exits.

THE QUESTION:

Have any of you used the cydia hack that were used for when this happend the first time? How would I go about to do that? thanks.

greg0205

Honorary Master
I know there was problems with iBooks crashing on the 5.0.1 JB and then apparently it was fixed with Redsn0w update. I've used the latest Redsn0w to JB my 5.1 iphone4. Now iBooks spontaneously exits (but does not crash), though every time you try to open app it seems like it tries to load the books then, the screen goes white and the app exits.

THE QUESTION:

Have any of you used the cydia hack that were used for when this happend the first time? How would I go about to do that? thanks.
IIRC the iBooks fix was built into one of the later Redsn0w releases for 5.0.1... I ran it over the original jailbreak and it worked perfectly. Up to that point I hadn't managed to find any fixes for iBooks, which was having exactly the issue you describe, at all. You planning to stay on 5.1 or roll back to 5.0.1?

macboer

Hi greg0205,

I can't go back to 5.0.1 I don't have SHSH.(I was an idiot)

It's weird that Redsn0w doesn't fix it in 5.1 .

greg0205

Honorary Master
Hi greg0205,

I can't go back to 5.0.1 I don't have SHSH.(I was an idiot)

It's weird that Redsn0w doesn't fix it in 5.1 .
There was also quite a gap from the first Redsn0w release for 5.0.1 before the fix came out... There were two Cydia tweaks that were supposed to work... I tried both but no luck 'till the Redsn0w v. b4. Eish, sorry man.

macboer

Just found an article that says iBooks does not work with latest jailbreak of Reds0w.

Will have to wait this one out.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Just found an article that says iBooks does not work with latest jailbreak of Reds0w.

Will have to wait this one out.
Kinda a do-over like with 5.0.1... Again, sorry 'bout that, iBooks is one of my favorite apps and I hated not having it.