iBurst clarifies data bonus offer

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
:( Another great step forward. Sign me up for a 36 month contract right now!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sneeky

Honorary Master
We need a company to break the mold here, not tow the line.

RichardP

Banned
What a pile of Low-life scummbags! so people that are in the position to buy the modem get penalised.

Last edited:

Alchemist

Expert Member
Look at it like this - if you have a month-to-month contract, all you need to do is give Iburst months notice period, like I did on Tuesday. However, if you're on a contract, your stuck with them untill your contract ends.

Do Iburst really think that its customers are that stupid? Do they really expect thier customers are going to just switch from a month-to-month and sign up a 24 or 36 month contract?

RVFmal

Expert Member
*extends middle finger in direction of WBS/iBurst*

Thanks for f@#$all iBurst. Because we are not contract customers, we are less worthy are we?

We have been subscribers from day one and have paid your overinflated price for your modem and you monthly subscription fees and this is how you return our loyalty??

Thank you for finally hammering the last nail in the coffin of your demise as service provider to us.

Ungrateful *censored text as if I were to put what I actually think of you here, I would in all probability be banned from this site*

DraK

Is there any representation on MYADSL these days from iBurst?

GavinMannion

Executive Member
lol... hey at least us scummy month-2-month people still get our bandwidth carried over..

Hey for the extra bandwidth I think I am going to go and sell my soul to WBS... umm maybe not...

See you later iBurst my ADSL should be installed in about 2 weeks now... Plus I get a free modem from Telkom and I am not signing up for a 2 year contract.

It is a sad day when I point to Telkom to show how to treat customers :(

P0tenc

IT's a slap in the face to us month to month ppl...some of us have been here since the beginning of iburst and supported them through all their growing pains. Yet they still feel the need to shaft us now :(

*extends middle finger in direction of WBS/iBurst* ^^

onlyme

Has Telkom Taken over iBurst and not told anyone or something, they are acting more and more like Telkom every day.

cdi

That is what happens when you make incompetent people managers.
Keep going like this and you will have more enemies than Telkom

Mze

iBurst Marketing

A consultant has undertaken to have Ivan in Marketing call me before 12:00 today. I wish to establish whether the extra bandwidth discrimination against month to month clients is to continue.

If my call is not answered by 12:00, or if I am informed that the discrimination will continue, my account with iBurst will be cancelled today.

I can only conclude that iBurst does not want month to month clients.

I got the call before 10:30. Not Ivan but Henry. As usual, "Something is going to change, but I don't know what, but nothing is going to change for the month to month clients in the near future".

For those of you that are interested, advise cancellations to helpdesk@iburstgroup.co.za.

Last edited:

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
iBurst up its own creek without a paddle...?

Talk about nonsensical - one really good way of keeping month2month customers on the iBurst network is to offer them a good incentive to stay, a good incentive would have been to offer more "bandwidth" which m2m customers would then want to use up, instead iBurst decides to give m2m customers an incentive to move to another service...:rolleyes:

iBurst's illogical thinking boggles the mind...

DraK

Here is another question for iBurst then.... For a month 2 month subscriber to become a contract subscriber what needs to be done? Taking in to account that the month to month subscribers already have our own modems, what additional discounts will we get if we go on on contract?

How much discount will we get for not requireing a modem bundled with the contract?

Surely you could now drop our monthly subscription rates from R 599 per month to R 450 a month since we don't need the modem?

You guys are taking a product that has so much potential to take customers away from Telkom and make a huge profit to something that is going to be an "also ran" option...

This sort of discrimination against subscribers who have been loyal to you will only push them away? Most other markets offer some sort of rewards to loyal customers....

Rethink your packages and marketing and do it soon or you could end up like Sentech a few months ago when they had mass exodus of subscribers... They realised there mistakes, hence the push on new packages, pricing etc. Those same people that joined you from them could just as easily go back to them... and remember they offering 5Gb at !mb speeds now for just R 50 more than your 3Gb package and it is open to all subscribers

The ball is in your court....... resentment and bad mouthing will increase with each day you let pass without addressing this. Your reputation is on the line here.

But hold on.... if month to month subscribers have to give 30 days notice, by default that would mean there is some sort of contract...

Last edited:

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
What an abortion! One can only shake one's head at such incompetence.

Does iBurst have a product development team? Clearly not.

After two years of static products and prices... drifting through inertia from the best value in the market to least... and despite promises of great things to come... we get... this.

un****ingbelievable.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Wow, who is managing this company? Is he/she trying to get rid of clients? The mind boggles. Please bring proper competition on already and open up the market completely and then we will see how long the likes of iCrap lasts.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
The way I see it - Telkom have shares in Vodacom, and Vodacom have shares in iBurst.

No way will they lower their prices that quickly - they want high returns on those shares....

Hogrod

Expert Member
I think this is a thoughtless knee-jerk reaction to its probably increased walkout of month2month users due to a drop in service quality.

Iburst need a regular income and getting long term contract users in is the way to sustain it. I think they hope this offer will entice people to go for 12+ month contracts over month2month. Perhaps their high customer turnover is worrying them which has led to their recent bull****.

These 2 recent events (the advert, and this offer) suggest they are not getting the sales and customer loyalty they need.

Stinks of desperation and panic.