iBurst downtime complaints go unanswered

isie

Honorary Master
But that was last Wednesday.... its working again now.

nope happend yesterday as well - wife was home said couldnt get on most of the day
ANd been off this morning so far as well
- check their FB page too for complaints

Last edited:

Durandal

Expert Member
Just got email from MWEB saying that iBurts giving 2GB extra data to their users for April.

isie

Honorary Master
Just got email from MWEB saying that iBurts giving 2GB extra data to their users for April.

yep its on their FB page, doesn't help much if the service is nearly unusable :(

hows speed on your side of welties?

Durandal

Expert Member
yep its on their FB page, doesn't help much if the service is nearly unusable :(

hows speed on your side of welties?

It's been a mixture of experiences. Quite a few problems with connecting/sending emails/disconnections...been on the other hand I've had a few evenings where the speed was awesome - couldn't believe it was so fast.

isie

Honorary Master
It's been a mixture of experiences. Quite a few problems with connecting/sending emails/disconnections...been on the other hand I've had a few evenings where the speed was awesome - couldn't believe it was so fast.

And Im barley geting 38KBps in the day and at night max i ever hit was about 70KBps. (and normaly after hours i get full 200KBps)
Are they purposefully throtaling me?

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
And Im barley geting 38KBps in the day and at night max i ever hit was about 70KBps. (and normaly after hours i get full 200KBps)
Are they purposefully throtaling me?
Wheat just a minute! I am amaized that you are complaining about those speeds.

Durandal

Expert Member
Sarcasm - or did i mix up the Big B's and Little b's again :(

I keep getting mixed up with that as well...:D I think they must still be sorting out a few kinks in their network - I have a buddy in Greenside who hasn't been able to connect since yesterday morning.

isie

Honorary Master
Little b's and big b's what?

little b=bits
big B=Bytes

Old school ISP/ Modem trickery makes speed look better.
very rough conversions here -so your ISP says you max line is 1Mbps in your head you thinking oooh that mean i can download a 100MB file (Big B is how we see data) in 100 seconds (just under 2 minutes) when in actual fact your max download speed is 100KBps - so really that file will take 1000 seconds (just under 20 minutes),

Not sarcasm, punning, but maybe I did go against the grain.

got me worried there almost had me questioning my knowitallism :D

Madhawk

Honorary Master
At least the iBurst CEO offered every subscriber 2GB of data free for this month.

It wasn't their fault, but it was nice of them though.