iBurst launches R 49-00 offering

Jongi

Expert Member
dear god i wouldn't even be able to download one rom for my tytn

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
According to an online net usage calculator, http://mynetusage.info/data-usage-calculator , iBurst’s new offering will allow users to send and receive around 6 emails without attachments and 6 emails with attachments per day. This is however without any other usage like web surfing or VoIP usage. It will allow for either 8 minutes of web surfing per day or 20 minutes of VoIP usage per day.
:( 40MB? What a joke.

Jongi

Expert Member
And surely the reason why cellphone providers have such small bandwidth packages is so they can be used with cellphones/pocket pcs/pdas and not on a full blown computer.

martmeister

Is this a joke? You still need to get the modem and pay a connection fee don't you. Did I already ask if this was a joke?

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Since speed plays absolutely no part whatsoever at those volumes, you may as well use a cellphone, datacable and Virgins EDGE or whatever at R20 for the same traffic quota - and no modem costs.

native

Expert Member
Well I guess the strategy will be to call themselves "cheapest Broaband provider"

cdi

April fool is a month late. why will I pay R49 and R2000 for a modem

lordrage

[sarcasm]
Is Iburst owned by telkom by any chance.
Definitely a great product, a move in the right direction. I am considering dropping my 3gig int connection and my 40gig local connection for this.

Well done Iburst.
[/sarcasm]

Someone should Delete Iburst and Telkom from the internet. :p

ejbengine

The iburst morons who came up with this K A K must be executed on national TV

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I find it impossible to twist my head around iBurst's claim that 40MB over a 30 day period [average calendar month] even at download speeds of up to 1024kbits/s, could possibly be regarded as a """broadband""" service...:rolleyes: the same goes for Vodacom and MTN with their lower usage monthly packages - at least there is the excuse that such small data allowances are suited to browsing etc from a cellphone.

What is iBurst's excuse for this miserable waste of everyone's time of a monthly package?

native

Expert Member
What is iBurst's excuse for this miserable waste of everyone's time of a monthly package?

Buy more bandwidth once your capped at a higher cost
Call themselves cheapest broadband provider in SA

F

Fudzy

This claim is however very dubious as MTN has a ‘R 10-00 for 10 MB’ data bundle, which translates into R 1-00 per MB for a service with speeds of up to 1.8 Mbps.

Anyone seen speeds more than 1Mbps on MTN/Vodacom yet?