iBurst performance in PTA

JL1

I tested iBurst tonight in Pretoria, connected at 7h30 on cnr of Lynwood and Attebury, my wife was driving. I downloaded Openoffice from tucows.saix.net transfer speed ranged from 256kbps to 1000kbs when we eventually stopped for a while at Femina clinic, the speed was constant between 800-1000kbps. The whole 64 MB file took under 20 min to download, giving you average of +- 512 kbps. An International download ranged between 128-256 kbps.

Now if you get this kind of speed no one will complain! Hopefully this is the kind of service we can expect when there is enough coverage and service is stable.
:)

Daveogg

JL1 Great to hear your good experience. You hit the nail on the head, we need a stable extensive network, once that is in place iburst can start taking on telkom and we can have some real competition.

JL1 said:
Now if you get this kind of speed no one will complain!
:)
There are reported to be over 1500 users of iB at present. A vociferous handful are reporting serious speed and transmission problems in this forum. Its human nature that satisfied customers keep quiet and dissatisfied ones make waves. If MyADSL can determine the percentage of users (out of 1500) with genuine problems, they will be doing us all (and WBS) a great service in deciding whether to stay or move on.