JStrike

Honorary Master
Oh my word, that thing is ugly. An aerial....like it's the 1970's
Now I'll cross off LTE as something I would ever consider

whatwhat

Executive Member
Oh my word, that thing is ugly. An aerial....like it's the 1970's
Now I'll cross off LTE as something I would ever consider
The sim on its own in a LTE device will work fine, the aerial is just a booster for higher throughput.

acidrain

Expert Member
Of course there will be no signs of throttling... it's still a trial. Trial ends.... customers start subscribing... customers go bos... iBurst sharts themselves.... throttling is born.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Is it iBurst's way of "upgrading" their current network so that they can chuck out the old iBurst 1Mb/2Mb desktop UTD routers etc?

Makes no sense in still using the 1Mb/2Mb stuff when there's faster stuff...

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Is it iBurst's way of "upgrading" their current network so that they can chuck out the old iBurst 1Mb/2Mb desktop UTD routers etc?

Makes no sense in still using the 1Mb/2Mb stuff when there's faster stuff...
From what I understand the old Iburst network will be decomissioned once LTE is rolled out in the areas. Not sure if they will be doing it area by area as they come online or if they will wait for the roll out to be completed before flippning the switch on the Iburst network.

kianm

Honorary Master
Our tester was also able to push the service well past the 50GB fair usage limit in the weeks since the trial began, and reported that even after consuming 98GB of data no throttling was evident.
For now?

RVFmal

Expert Member
Wouldn't touch anything from iBurst with a ten foot barge pole. If anything their "service" levels have actually gotten worse since the take-over (who could have ever though that that was even possible........).

iBurst Wireless went down in our area for the entire weekend. No amount of trying to ascertain the reasons came to anything as iBurst do not feel it necessary to respond to tickets and queries. Signal finally returned yesterday afternoon and still no explanation from them or any form of correspondence. This is not the first time it has happened either and the "response" was just as shoddy.

Not even going to go into the hassles with the accounts and retentions departments.

No matter how good their LTE product may be, my advice to anyone is to avoid them like the plague.

Thor

Honorary Master
Of course there will be no signs of throttling... it's still a trial. Trial ends.... customers start subscribing... customers go bos... iBurst sharts themselves.... throttling is born.
I want to print this out.

+ eleventy 2

ebendl

Expert Member
So how does one get on the trial?

I would be interested in this...