Iburst Website

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
I'm at work right now, so not using Iburst modem.

I've been trying to bring up the Iburst website all morning, but no joy. I can get local and international sites fine, but no Iburst. Same story with WBS. It seems a long time for their website to be out of action.

Does this mean a major overhaul in progress, or just the continued descent into chaos?

fergus

Expert Member
I can't even ping them. 56K connection. Has somebody tried informing them?

Raithlin

Executive Member
Now why would we do something like that? That would be communication... ;)

dvdberg

Website Down

What the hell !! I'm a potential new costomer to IBurst, but after reading the posts and having to struggle getting into their website for info, I doubt it.

But, I do not want to satisfy Hellkom !!!!!! What do I do?? :mad:

Has anybody heard any progress on the website?

guest2013-1

dvdberg, unsure of what is happening there, but all I can tell you is to try out the service to see it for yourself... providing you can get onto their website to see who to contact. Trust me when I say this, this is the only time I've ever experienced less than perfect service from them.

You've got nothing to lose.... my suggestion, take the 24 month contract, if you like what you see after a couple of months, buy the modem and switch to a 30day notice contract (yes, it can be done)

Ciao

Raithlin

Executive Member
Hehe, I'm wondering if with all the "ping -t www.iburst.co.za" goings-on, we didn't use up all of iBurst's bandwidth for the month... :D

That would be such sweet music, considering the 3GB cap we will have to endure...

kilps

Expert Member
I can't get onto their website either...

Do they host their own website (I would hope so) and is the service working fine?

dvdberg

Iburt's Number

Can somebody supply me their number please, want to call them and can't get number off website??

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
Raithlin said:
Hehe, I'm wondering if with all the "ping -t www.iburst.co.za" goings-on, we didn't use up all of iBurst's bandwidth for the month... :D
The first time in history that the clients of an ISP have launched a self-inflicted "deniel-of-service" attack! :D

bb_matt

Executive Member
PoopBurst.

7.00pm and no signal baby ...

A "premier" wireless ISP without redundancy on thier website, whatever next ?

Ooooh dear me...

I mean, HELLO Iburst - you've got a LOT of money invested in this and you don't have ANY contingency plans should your website go down ?

No redundancy plans at all - it really says so much. For FARKS sake, you could host the damn site with FULL redundancy for a few hundred rands max a month - how ***damn pathetic do you have to be to not know that ?

And you expect people to trust you as an ISP when your site is offline for 7 hours and counting ?

EDIT:

8.10am the next day - the site is still down ... good job they don't offer hosting services :D

Last edited:

rebel

WTF???Site is still down!

When is the 1st debit order run? 1 Feb?

guest2013-1

Here's a little "How to" for Sentec....er.... iburst

In your IIS manager, right click on the website, select properties, you will open the *gasp* properties of the website configuration.

No, where it says "all unassigned" there where you select an IP address, select an IP address listed in the drop down box. No, don't select the local network IP address, select the one people can "see" you from.

Also make sure your host headers are setup correctly.

Raithlin, the reason why secure.wbs.co.za would work and www.wbs.co.za or www.iburst.co.za not, is because secure.wbs.co.za is a different website altogether.

www for both iburst and wbs is probably setup incorrectly. Period. dotCom.

forwardslash

TheYak

I see the site is back... but the menu is gone...

This means people can't register...

hmmm... interesting...