ICASA amends End-User and Subscriber Service Charter

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
ICASA amends End-User and Subscriber Service Charter

ICASA has made slight amendments to the End-User and Subscriber Service Charter, which is set to be implemented on 28 February 2019.

The regulations require mobile operators to roll over unused data, prevent automatic out-of-bundle data usage, and allow for data transfer between customers.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
An article stating there are amendments without saying what they are. Very useful Jamie...

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Okay wait, MTN charges me an extra R10 (if I remember correctly) on each of my contracts to make them "top-up", i.e. they have a limit, once the included airtime is finished, I must manually load more. Which is how I like it.

So, with the amendments, it means the networks must do this by default? That is great if so, I can save a couple of R10's a month.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
An article stating there are amendments without saying what they are. Very useful Jamie...

The article said:
The changes require that mobile operators provide consumers with an option to opt out of usage depletion notifications for voice, SMS, and data services.

Additionally, networks must provide consumers with an option to opt in or opt out of out-of-bundle data billing.

MavChat

Expert Member
"ICASA highlighted the fact that these regulations do not apply to MVNOs, resellers, or other non-licensees."
So resellers like Afrihost, Axxess and the likes are not forced to roll over data for reseller products like fixed wireless and mobile data... interesting :)

Well played Cell C!!

Jakes79

"ICASA highlighted the fact that these regulations do not apply to MVNOs, resellers, or other non-licensees."
So resellers like Afrihost, Axxess and the likes are not forced to roll over data for reseller products like fixed wireless and mobile data... interesting :)

Well played Cell C!!
Yeah...this one is rubbing me up slightly the wrong way...