ICASA chairperson removed following fraud conviction

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Convicted a year ago, but hey, fsck it let him continue in his position.

At this point, with the damage fraud and corruption as done to our country it should be:
1. Charges laid
2. Proof provided
3. Shoot the corrupted fscker, let the next one stand trial in the blood of his/her predecessor.

system32

Expert Member
Oh wow these people are slow. Finally !!! It only took how long again ?!?!?!?!
A year is actually not that bad. Could have been 10.
Not quite 10 years, it was 8 years - 2012 charged and arrested.

Convicted Jan 2018 (having been declared guilty of a criminal offense by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge)
  • 2008 - Mohlaloga (former deputy president of ANC youth league and ANC MP) defrauded the Land Bank of approximately R6 million
  • Oct 2012 - Mohlaloga was charged and arrested and released on bail.
  • Jul 2013 - Mohlaloga appointed as ICASA councillor despite fraud charges
  • Jun 2016 - Mohlaloga appointed ICASA acting chairperson despite fraud charges
  • Dec 2017 - Mohlaloga appointed ICASA chairperson despite fraud charges
  • Jan 2018 - Mohlaloga found guilty by court see SAPS web site.
  • Feb 2019 - Mohlaloga the fraudster sentence to 20 years, Mohlaloga can appeal the sentence, but not the guilty verdict.
  • Feb 2019 - ICASA refused to remove guilty fraudster Mohlaloga
  • Mar 2019 - Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Communications states guilty fraudster Mohlaloga must be removed
  • 20 Mar 2019 - Mohlaloga the convicted fraudster removed from ICASA, still not in jail, still not paided back the money.
see
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/art...0-years-in-prison-for-fraud-money-laundering/
https://www.saps.gov.za/newsroom/msspeechdetail.php?nid=14185
If saps site is down - see:
https://web.archive.org/web/2018011....gov.za/newsroom/msspeechdetail.php?nid=14185

STILL NOT IN JAIL AND NOT PAID BACK THE MONEY.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Not quite 10 years, it was 8 years - 2012 charged and arrested.

Convicted Jan 2018 (having been declared guilty of a criminal offense by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge)
  • 2008 - Mohlaloga (former deputy president of ANC youth league and ANC MP) defrauded the Land Bank of approximately R6 million
  • Oct 2012 - Mohlaloga was charged and arrested and released on bail.
  • Jul 2013 - Mohlaloga appointed as ICASA councillor despite fraud charges
  • Jun 2016 - Mohlaloga appointed ICASA acting chairperson despite fraud charges
  • Dec 2017 - Mohlaloga appointed ICASA chairperson despite fraud charges
  • Jan 2018 - Mohlaloga found guilty by court see SAPS web site.
  • Feb 2019 - Mohlaloga the fraudster sentence to 20 years, Mohlaloga can appeal the sentence, but not the guilty verdict.
  • Feb 2019 - ICASA refused to remove guilty fraudster Mohlaloga
  • Mar 2019 - Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Communications states guilty fraudster Mohlaloga must be removed
  • 20 Mar 2019 - Mohlaloga the convicted fraudster removed from ICASA, still not in jail, still not paided back the money.
see
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/art...0-years-in-prison-for-fraud-money-laundering/
https://www.saps.gov.za/newsroom/msspeechdetail.php?nid=14185
If saps site is down - see:
https://web.archive.org/web/2018011....gov.za/newsroom/msspeechdetail.php?nid=14185

STILL NOT IN JAIL AND NOT PAID BACK THE MONEY.
Eish... well.... I guess then it is close to the 10 year mark. Oh well. Wonder who they gonna replace it with.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
A year is actually not that bad. Could have been 10.
On accusation he should have had to stand down immediately. It really seems as though people don't realise that the reputation of the people in charge affect the credibility of the positions/companies they represent.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Convicted a year ago, but hey, fsck it let him continue in his position.

At this point, with the damage fraud and corruption as done to our country it should be:
1. Charges laid
2. Proof provided
3. Recycle all his/her assets back, including those of all that benefited from his looting.
Shoot the corrupted fscker, grind up his bones for phosphate, let the next one stand trial in the blood of his/her predecessor.

FTFY

Happy Days

On accusation he should have had to stand down immediately. It really seems as though people don't realise that the reputation of the people in charge affect the credibility of the positions/companies they represent.

That's the level at which the ANC and other parties operate - in any other self-respecting country the fornicator in question would have immediately done the right thing and resigned. Not here - SA associates with countries that are guilty of gross human right violations and is proud of the association. All of this started when the ANC thought it was OK to murder innocent people during the struggle. There's a complete lack of morals and standards when it comes to the ANC/EFF and yet people still continue to vote for them

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
That's the level at which the ANC and other parties operate - in any other self-respecting country the fornicator in question would have immediately done the right thing and resigned. Not here - SA associates with countries that are guilty of gross human right violations and is proud of the association. All of this started when the ANC thought it was OK to murder innocent people during the struggle. There's a complete lack of morals and standards when it comes to the ANC/EFF and yet people still continue to vote for them
Oh there is so much there that you have said that is wrong (in my opinion). But I am not going to argue. Yes - in other countries the guy would have stood down. We don't know if it would have been forced or voluntary but it would appear voluntary. Come cultures rate perception higher than fact. It is a matter of honour. People have different honour systems and we do judge others when theirs falls short of our own.

OMG I so want to take you on about the rest of your comments - but I shall resist.

Happy Days

Oh there is so much there that you have said that is wrong (in my opinion). But I am not going to argue. Yes - in other countries the guy would have stood down. We don't know if it would have been forced or voluntary but it would appear voluntary. Come cultures rate perception higher than fact. It is a matter of honour. People have different honour systems and we do judge others when theirs falls short of our own.

OMG I so want to take you on about the rest of your comments - but I shall resist.

There's a distinct lack of honour when it comes to most of our politicians - some would say that's a prerequisite. Feel free to take me up on my comments - I'm always willing to persuaded by a good argument!!! ;)

Sollie

Honorary Master
There's a distinct lack of honour when it comes to most of our politicians - some would say that's a prerequisite. Feel free to take me up on my comments - I'm always willing to persuaded by a good argument!!! ;)
Sorry to disappoint you. I agree.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
lol I agree very much with your assessment of politicians. Most of them are not honourable - and those that are, are not loud enough to be noticed. And as for being willing to be persuaded - my experience is that we can talk in circles for days, and neither of us will change our viewpoint. All we will do is gain insight into the reasons the other feels the way they do. I can no more convince you of the atrocities that were perpetrated against the black people by the white people in charge at the time, than you can convince me that the ANC said it was ok to kill innocent white people. We would be stuck in an unending discussion that would draw the attention of all the loonies that wish to prove their points, muddying the waters and confusing the issues. :ROFL: So while it would be entertaining - we would really get nowhere.

Happy Days

lol I agree very much with your assessment of politicians. Most of them are not honourable - and those that are, are not loud enough to be noticed. And as for being willing to be persuaded - my experience is that we can talk in circles for days, and neither of us will change our viewpoint. All we will do is gain insight into the reasons the other feels the way they do. I can no more convince you of the atrocities that were perpetrated against the black people by the white people in charge at the time, than you can convince me that the ANC said it was ok to kill innocent white people. We would be stuck in an unending discussion that would draw the attention of all the loonies that wish to prove their points, muddying the waters and confusing the issues. :ROFL: So while it would be entertaining - we would really get nowhere.

There's no argument from my side about the atrocities committed during apartheid - by both sides. The NP was ruthless and so was the ANC and other "freedom fighters". You can't talk about fighting for freedom and then have prison camps and be killing innocent people. During my first year in high school (1985) we ended up not writing our September exams because of boycotts and riots. The same during my last year in high school. I certainly sniffed more than my share of tear gas :crying:. What put me off was when others tried to shove the ANC down my throat and wanting me to sing freedom songs. The push over the edge came with the Heidelberg bombing and the St. James shooting. That, with the fact that the ANC was running prison camps in our neighboring countries, left me with a bad taste in the mouth.

You can't be claiming the moral high ground when you're doing exactly the same as the opposition - this applies to all political parties. In 1993 I made the claim that the ANC was going to do exactly the same as the NP and look at how that turned out.

BTW - I'm one of the previously disadvantaged who was lucky enough to never have experienced racism in my interactions with people of other races. Ironically enough, that happened after the ANC took over and I discovered that my skin colour wasn't dark enough and that I was the wrong sex. I was disqualified under the previous dispensation and now I was disqualified under the current.

Spliffcat

Executive Member
The twat will probably pop up as vice president next.
The whole useless lot are a bunch of thieves, liars, scum, crooks and the silly peasants will vote them into power again.
Plagues and Darwin please help us.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
There's no argument from my side about the atrocities committed during apartheid - by both sides. The NP was ruthless and so was the ANC and other "freedom fighters". You can't talk about fighting for freedom and then have prison camps and be killing innocent people. During my first year in high school (1985) we ended up not writing our September exams because of boycotts and riots. The same during my last year in high school. I certainly sniffed more than my share of tear gas :crying:. What put me off was when others tried to shove the ANC down my throat and wanting me to sing freedom songs. The push over the edge came with the Heidelberg bombing and the St. James shooting. That, with the fact that the ANC was running prison camps in our neighboring countries, left me with a bad taste in the mouth.

You can't be claiming the moral high ground when you're doing exactly the same as the opposition - this applies to all political parties. In 1993 I made the claim that the ANC was going to do exactly the same as the NP and look at how that turned out.

BTW - I'm one of the previously disadvantaged who was lucky enough to never have experienced racism in my interactions with people of other races. Ironically enough, that happened after the ANC took over and I discovered that my skin colour wasn't dark enough and that I was the wrong sex. I was disqualified under the previous dispensation and now I was disqualified under the current.
That's what I love about the internet. Where someone grew up and what colour they are really doesn't matter. It is the person behind the words that matters.

I am glad you have never experienced racism. But being sidelined like that is actually just as bad. And yes the ANC was just as bad. But in history - if the oppressed are the "victors" then a multitude of sins are excused. It is not right - definitely. But that is the mindset "They left us no choice". Violence begets violence. And it is easy to forget the people that you made suffer in the process to stop your own people's suffering.

As a pinkskin, I have experienced racism. From both sides. I watched it happen to others - and I have had it directed at me lately (not often though). I grew up in a mining town and my mother worked in the townships in nursery education. Most of her work was in townships owned by the mines but often we would to into Khutsong and see the schools there. In those days there was no racism directed towards me - and my mother taught me about people and needs - not about race and privileges. For that I am grateful. But things have changed. We were supposed to have done away with racism - yet it is stronger and more prolific than ever before.

And yes I have learned that the ANC has more than one face. To us whites, it appeared as though the ANC revered and loved Mandela as much as we came to. (ANC and the people who support it are two different groups). But a friend of mine was being trained at Luthuli House to become a youth leader. He taught me much that opened my eyes. Mandela was nothing more than a soldier. But what they failed to see is that sometimes it is the ordinary people that make the biggest differences.

Perhaps, just as we were ignorant in the towns, the people were ignorant as to what the ANC were really doing. They may have heard rumours but could easily have believed they were started by enemies of the ANC. So I don't believe you can just call the supporters of the ANC dumb or ignorant. Perhaps they are looking back to a time when they needed a superhero to help them out = and the ANC swooped in and saved them. Perhaps they are still hoping that that still exists within the party.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
The twat will probably pop up as vice president next.
The whole useless lot are a bunch of thieves, liars, scum, crooks and the silly peasants will vote them into power again.
Plagues and Darwin please help us.
I take it you have plans to leave ASAP ?

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Bwahahahaha. Don't make excuses for the government totally screwing SA over.