Icasa councillor hijacked, beaten, threatened due to WBS-iBurst investigation: report

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Sheesh, we all hate ICASA, but to actually beat the guy? That's going a bit far. Couldn't they just have stolen his car or something?

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
this is truly worrying, how politically connected is the current iBurst?

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
The Mafia finally rears its head.

It's WBS or Vodacom right?
Or one of their subsidiaries which are standing to lose a lot of money over this.

Meh - lets see how it plays out.

Executive Member
Then, on Monday, he says, he was followed from a meeting in Midrand and hijacked by a group of at least six men. They indicated there was a problem with the rear of his vehicle and persuaded him to stop. But, once Lebooa was out of his car, they beat him up and forced him back into his 16-seater vehicle. “They hit me until the blood was coming out of my mouth,” he said.

Are there any witnesses? Or was Lebooa driving his 16 seater (like wtf?) where no-one was around (which makes no sense in itself). Something doesn't feel right.

falcon786

Honorary Master
WTF,mafia style telecoms co's oh I hear some MYBB members crying conspiracy theory already,LOL.

As for iburst,well I hope they(we) get to the bottom of this before its all swept under the rug,if a letter of demand was really sent to WBS a week ago yet they claimed to have not got any bills even yet then we can safely assume they are lying and threatened the icasa councilor mafia style and they should be brought to justice quickly and severly to set an example.

He needs to prove he sent that letter though.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
WTF,mafia style telecoms co's oh I hear some MYBB members crying conspiracy theory already,LOL.

Its like Mehghiko Homez! :D

Seriously though - mafia being an elaborate play on the situation - what other way is their to describe a well dressed CEO sending 6 okes after a councilman to intimidate and rob him?

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
hell's teeth.
there is definitely substance to the underlying dispute re frequency licence fees & ICASA being under pressure to collect them. the issue with wbs has been going on for some time...