ICASA says SA Post Office must deliver parcels under 1kg, just not food

Wag

Expert Member
Stopped ordering from China because of the PO's handling the parcels. Sick and tired to deal with unfriendly staff and missing parcels

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Add a brick in. Maybe some free tiles so I can start saving tiles for a redo of our en-suite and Takealot has itself a deal.
This useless, greedy and inept SOE will end up putting people out of jobs (Mr. Delivery). That said, just order from Takealot and fetch at a collection warehouse. Problem solved...except for the jobs.

Cius

Executive Member
How many jobs would our economy lose if they actually enforced this. If any politician applied half a brain cell to this they would unanimously revoke this protectionist and broken law immediately. If enforced this pushes us back in our ecommerce space 20 years.

W@NNIE1976

don't talk kuk

• Ram module
  • Mouse
  • SSD
  • tablet
  • ipad
  • iphone
  • monitor stand
  • Webcam
  • USB headset

That's us just this week, all items under 1KG

then thinking about other things
  • makeup
  • skincare products
  • stationary
  • sunglasses
  • Jewellery
  • console games
  • facemask
  • dog toy
  • T-shirt
That’s if things make it to the destination…we are dealing with the post office here…a subscriber to kleptocracy

lsmt

This means that you cannot order anything under 1Kg anymore, it WILL all be stolen along the way. There goes all the cell phones and smart watches down a bottomless criminal pit. This is pure criminal communisms. As a private person I don't have a free choice anymore as to whom I can use to send a valuable package to a family member.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
This means that you cannot order anything under 1Kg anymore, it WILL all be stolen along the way. There goes all the cell phones and smart watches down a bottomless criminal pit. This is pure criminal communisms. As a private person I don't have a free choice anymore as to whom I can use to send a valuable package to a family member.
But they need new cellphones and smartwatches /s

Iwojima

Expert Member
Who cares? They deliver me jack nothing I have to go collect it since last I checked I don't live in a pickup point.
You mentioned Pargo.

Does every shop you order from and select Pargo for collection have a Pargo pickup point at their premises?

Happy Days

Expert Member
The state-owned postal service has developed a reputation for late and non-delivery of packages
It's no longer a reputation, it's now the one thing the post office can guarantee will happen.

The Darkness

Expert Member
Wow RSA is a loser country. We’ve really fallen into a pit of mediocre behavior. On every level this government has failed. Anything that still is working they are hell bent on breaking. It’s insane, and the citizens have just roll over for it. WTF should anyone accept this ‘law’. ICASA hasn’t enforced anything before. Just look at the digital migration, which has strangled progress and cost billions. When is enough going to be enough people? Here we are, limping along, economy jacked, things crumbling around us, not even a ****ing vaccine in sight, and we are standing for limp wristed politics, failure after failure, absolute theft and mismanagement of OUR money, incompetent BS surrounding us, but hey let’s change a city name and implement a digital drivers license.
SAPO is dead in the water, bankrupt. Not because of the competition, but because their pathetic, entitled attitude became too much, they failed from the top down, broke rule number one of a service business, and people voted with their feet.
When are the people REALLY going to vote with their feet though?

dj2381

Expert Member
Packet of peanuts with every order, unless you're allergic of course.

Swa

Honorary Master
Errr. So delivery to the collection point is somehow excluded? If the collection point is not outside the business selling you the item then I’m sure sapo would argue it’s their domain?
He may be on to something for once. My last Pargo packages weren't addressed. So doesn't fall into the domain of addressed mail.