Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Already posted in the Samsung Galaxy SII thread. It's very much a beta release. I wouldn't install it just yet.

Devious_ZA

Already posted in the Samsung Galaxy SII thread. It's very much a beta release. I wouldn't install it just yet.

...it is the official Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware "leaked" by Samsung...they could have left out touchwiz

K

kingrob

Had a look at the video and it still looks like "plain vanilla" Gingerbread.

No 3D menus, no new desktop look and constant orange block round the current screen.

Bummer. It's a LOL.

dabbler

Expert Member
I was debating rooting my SGS but with ICS officially released I'm seriously considering waiting for a possible (Vodacom) ICS release for the SGS.

abdul89

I was debating rooting my SGS but with ICS officially released I'm seriously considering waiting for a possible (Vodacom) ICS release for the SGS.

Sgs 1? Doubt that will happen.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

IAmLegend

Isn't the SGS on 2.2.1 Froyo when standard? So i agree with with abdul89 doubt there will be an Ice Cream Sandwich release for it, I think Gingerbread 2.3 (official) will be as far as you can upgrade.

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
attachment.php

:p

CranialBlaze

Expert Member

The SGS1 is never getting ICS, Samsung has officially announced that. It will instead be getting some custom modded gingerbread with selected ICS imitation features.

You want ICS on your SGS you have to root and go custom.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
The SGS1 is never getting ICS, Samsung has officially announced that. It will instead be getting some custom modded gingerbread with selected ICS imitation features.

You want ICS on your SGS you have to root and go custom.

Yeah, well, who goes official these days anymore? Especially on Samsung devices, which are dead easy to root and flash... I'm happily running an (almost) AOSP ICS ROM on my SGS1 and haven't regretted the flash yet. It seems smoother and more consistent than most of the Gingerbread ROMs I've tried out. Yes, even better than MIUI. So I honestly don't know why people don't just go the root-and-flash route these days...

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Yeah, well, who goes official these days anymore? Especially on Samsung devices, which are dead easy to root and flash... I'm happily running an (almost) AOSP ICS ROM on my SGS1 and haven't regretted the flash yet. It seems smoother and more consistent than most of the Gingerbread ROMs I've tried out. Yes, even better than MIUI. So I honestly don't know why people don't just go the root-and-flash route these days...

dabbler, im running CM9v1