Ice3X and Luno: South African exchanges

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
I sincerely hope you can somehow get this resolve but as much as it probably will hurt be prepared to get potentially screwed on this deposit. Every other exchange I work with do not support or allow depositing eth from smart contract address and they make it clear that if you do it the funds would be lost. ice2x exchange probably dont even mention this on deposit page which would make it even shadier in case they have the same policy.
I'm sure it's in their TOS

warren.abels

Well, one of the reasons I liked using ice3x is because the smart contracts worked with them. I have about 30 previous trx to them that were smart and all worked perfectly. Seems this is a recent issue about smart contracts for them. The site now warns us, but never did before.
I have had similar problem on another local exchange but when I logged a ticket I was told it wouldn't be a problem and they would manually deposit it. An hour later they had fixed this. I don't seem to be getting any responses from ice3x any more.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
So it's now 7days without getting a single response from Ice3. 7 days whereby my money is basically frozen and I cant do a damn thing about it and Ice3 thinks it unnesesary to reply.

Think VERY carefully before anyone decides on using these guys.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Hi all,

Does anyone else get a dodgy vibe from the Ice3x website?
I would cancel my account there and deal solely with Luno, but Luno does not allow for ETH exchanges directly. For account verification (so far in my experience) Luno requires ID, but Ice3x additionally requires a bank statement (a document from the bank confirming my name and bank details is not enough). It might just be a case of the Luno website being a bit more user friendly too.

I would be interested to hear people's experience with the two different exchanges, particularly those who have long term experience (i.e. more than a few months) with the sites.

Thanks!
Not sure about Ice3x but with Luno, there are 3 account levels.

AFAIK no verification is required for level 1. But you can only trade up to 15k ZAR a month (Deposits/Withdrawals).
For level 2, copy of ID is required. Then you can trade up to 50k ZAR a month.
Level 3 requires proof of residence. Then you can trade unlimited.

They are also taking long with verification these days. I submitted copy of lease agreement (Less than 12 months old which is fine according to their documentation) last week Monday and despite being near my current limit (Which apparently receives priority) I am still waiting for them to upgrade it.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Well, one of the reasons I liked using ice3x is because the smart contracts worked with them. I have about 30 previous trx to them that were smart and all worked perfectly. Seems this is a recent issue about smart contracts for them. The site now warns us, but never did before.
I have had similar problem on another local exchange but when I logged a ticket I was told it wouldn't be a problem and they would manually deposit it. An hour later they had fixed this. I don't seem to be getting any responses from ice3x any more.
Then you shouldn't have to worry warren.abels if you are in fact certain previous smart contract deposits did work. No reason for them to suddenly turn around on that or at the very least if they try to do anything funny to bs you out of the eth deposit you can point to these previous transactions.

Alan

Honorary Master
Made a test ETH deposit. Went through in 10 minutes.

Followed it up immediately with another ETH deposit..... it's been 2 days and 2 hours.

John Tempus

Expert Member
wow, that is concerning. Now i'm reluctant to deposit normally after they resolve my ETH deposit. What really scares me is there is no real way to communicate with them.
This part is the scary part indeed. All these exchanges claim to be fully compliant yadda yadda with SA law for KYC/AML because they deal with customer money however they conveniently ignore providing any means of real communication ie. add phone support, zero excuse to not add phone support no matter what when dealing with other peoples money.

Deposited more than two weeks ago but funds have not reflected. Upon enquiry was told that payment hasn't reflected on their account as yet and was asked to check with my bank and provide proof of payment. My bank confirmed and provided proof of payment to the 3rd party (IceCubed) - but this platform still denies receiving funds. So disappointing. Never had such issues with Luno.

RozBisso

Yea, I'm so stressed about IceCUBED right now. Got 50k of eth that was deposited to their exchange. Deposit was 6 days ago and not showing up. It was a smart contract deposit which I now believe they advising not to do it like this.... But it's a bit late now!

I have done plenty of smart contract deposits to them before with no problems. Anyway, it doesn't matter now, I won't do it again.. My biggest concern, when the F*** will I get my Eth.

No real way of contacting this exchange, except through the ticket system. I can't get any idea when the deposit will be done. Stopped getting responses, no eta on when this issue will be fixed, in the meantime I'm losing money.

What can I do, help me!
Hi Warren. I have the same issue. Deposited ETH with IceCUBED 3 months ago and all they saying that they might support deposits from smart contracts in future and that the issue is not a top priority at the moment. Seriously pissed!!! Have they resolved yours yet?

BitcoinZAR

Did you deposit from Bitstamp? I have seen lots of complaints online at different exchanges where people sent ETH from bitstamp, and it has not shown up. Something to do with it being an internal transaction instead of a regular transaction, so does not get picked up properly.

CryptoserA

Did you deposit from Bitstamp? I have seen lots of complaints online at different exchanges where people sent ETH from bitstamp, and it has not shown up. Something to do with it being an internal transaction instead of a regular transaction, so does not get picked up properly.
I sent eth from ice to my wallet few days ago. it took 48 hours to reflect. ridiculous

leoNet

ice3 is the most dodge exchange out there. they are even trying to present them selves as a licensed exchange which is completely false.
and now they want to be altcointrader.co.za by tricking users into thinking they are Altcoin Trader. altcointrader.co.za really cheap shots

leoNet

altcointrader is probably best suited to the South African market right now with more coins and market volume