Iclix?? anygood?

heartbroken

Expert Member
We used to have the 256kb option. Its only slightly faster than a pidgin. Only useful for light browsing and then only by one person at a time.

You can get a Microtik kit (antenna, router board, radio etc etc) from Miro (www.miro.co.za) for about 3.5 grand, don't now if they sell to the public though.

But I can only recommend iclix if you have absolutely no other way of getting onto the internet.

izi202

iClix sucks

http://www.iclix.co.za/

anyone in bloem use them??

and anyone use their wireless option

http://www.iclix.co.za/buts/wifiprice.asp

and do you know where i can get these anywhere else?

http://www.iclix.co.za/buts/wifiinst.asp

Never use iClix,no matter how desperate you are.We asked them for a quote,whick took 2 weeks and then asked them to install our wifi about a month back and it still did not happen.I would like to refer you yo Ntelecom.Thank you very much.

ProfA

Honorary Master
Never use iClix,no matter how desperate you are.We asked them for a quote,whick took 2 weeks and then asked them to install our wifi about a month back and it still did not happen.I would like to refer you yo Ntelecom.Thank you very much.

Strangely I had exactly the same experience with Iclix. There business is booming and they will treat you like they are doing you a massive favour and that you wont be paying and must just be grateful when they do get around to you. They also do not answer e-mail enquiries. Airtelecom is a much better option. Pity they didn't have coverage for me. So went ADSL.

izi202

Airtelecom isn't a good option

Strangely I had exactly the same experience with Iclix. There business is booming and they will treat you like they are doing you a massive favour and that you wont be paying and must just be grateful when they do get around to you. They also do not answer e-mail enquiries. Airtelecom is a much better option. Pity they didn't have coverage for me. So went ADSL.

The problem wth airtelecom,is that their servers are almost down the whole time (we also wanted to get it) but it was highly unreccomended.Is there any other decent wireless uncapped broadband isp?

ProfA

Honorary Master
The problem wth airtelecom,is that their servers are almost down the whole time (we also wanted to get it) but it was highly unreccomended.Is there any other decent wireless uncapped broadband isp?

Shocked to hear about Airtelecom. Spoke with the owner personally and he promised me near 100% uptime and users on the 2MB account doing in excess of 300GB with no issues. But then again, what else would I expect to hear from the owner. Then Ntelecom is your last bet. Reason I didn't go with them was the price and the fact that they don't offer true uncapped. You basically gt to use x amount of data and full speed, then throttled to some ridiculous speed until you pay extra for a "booster" to get full speed again. Not sure if they still operate that way.