ID numbers/Death records/Voter roll database

F

Fudzy

The files stored on this web-server are stored on my own personal server, they may be removed without warning and the accuracy of any pages/tools/document/notes/slides etc. cannot be assured.
Well that says a lot about the site.

desiganp

If they can get into Pelindaba or steal missile information, I don't see why someone can't get hold of the Home Affairs database. I'm sure there are a few guys on this forum with full copies of the Home Affairs Databases and Drivers License decrypt keys etc.

F

Fudzy

Also, do yourself a favour and check the data quality of the Maseti tables, it would be easier just to rob somebody.

Thor

Honorary Master
If they can get into Pelindaba or steal missile information, I don't see why someone can't get hold of the Home Affairs database. I'm sure there are a few guys on this forum with full copies of the Home Affairs Databases and Drivers License decrypt keys etc.
:rolleyes:

ant_man

Expert Member
They are looking at home affairs, voters roll and deceased. Not sure how recent the data is, I can verify that tomorrow.

If you know the correct people it is relatively easy to obtain.

PI_ZA

So what database is he looking at?
Not the DHA one I don't think (From the page "this data, this private data,came from a business that illicitness money in exchange for ID Numbers..."), and I think that might be the point of the webpage, that people other than the Gov. have the info and don't protect it.

ant_man

Expert Member
Not the DHA one I don't think (From the page "this data, this private data,came from a business that illicitness money in exchange for ID Numbers..."), and I think that might be the point of the webpage, that people other than the Gov. have the info and don't protect it.
The business base comes from a private data supplier

The base with over 40 Million entries definitely originated from home affairs as they are the only ones with all SA ID numbers.

Businesses that illicit money for ID numbers are called Data Brokers, and yes you are correct in saying that other people have the info, Data Brokers.

F

Fudzy

The business base comes from a private data supplier

The base with over 40 Million entries definitely originated from home affairs as they are the only ones with all SA ID numbers.

Businesses that illicit money for ID numbers are called Data Brokers, and yes you are correct in saying that other people have the info, Data Brokers.
Wouldn't said data brokers be angry with someone giving the information away for free?

ant_man

Expert Member
Wouldn't said data brokers be angry with someone giving the information away for free?
This has been happening for many years, you have a handful of rogue players in the game who give us legit guys a bad rep.

They don't really give the data away they just discount it radically.

The blue chip guys don't deal with them but they have a big enough market with clients who will take the risk of dealing with them.

We all know those thousands of SMS's we get daily well those are the guys who they deal with.

The data game in SA is big business.

PI_ZA

They are looking at home affairs, voters roll and deceased. Not sure how recent the data is, I can verify that tomorrow.

If you know the correct people it is relatively easy to obtain.
Did you ever find out if it was recent/real?

ant_man

Expert Member
Did you ever find out if it was recent/real?
Yip the data is recent and up-to-date. I know the seller and how much they are selling it for as they contacted me last week to see if I was interested.