IEC website glitches on election day

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
IEC website problems on election day

The Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC) website returned errors as some voters took to the polls on Wednesday.

The site allows voters to check where they are registered and which polling station they should visit.

Was also waiting forever in the queue at my voting station. Don't know if it is the same everywhere but we had 2 queues. One with surnames from A-Mc and then Md-Z. I was in the long queue.

Pensioners could go directly to the front but what peed me off was they allowed the other younger persons that came with the pensioners to also go to the front of the queue.

Slowest was the manual surname & name check against the paper voters roll. Let's just say, someone at my voting station didn't know their alphabet or how alphabetical order works.

Not sure why they don't just scan your ID barcode to validate against voters role :unsure: would probably be too high tech

2 hours in queue at the place that I registered to vote, get tonthe front and told I need to go to another voting station, this after we confirmed beforehand.. was slightly peeed! Luckily went to other station and to the front, so didn't have to wait another 2 hours

Was also waiting forever in the queue at my voting station. Don't know if it is the same everywhere but we had 2 queues. One with surnames from A-Mc and then Md-Z. I was in the long queue.

Pensioners could go directly to the front but what peed me off was they allowed the other younger persons that came with the pensioners to also go to the front of the queue.
Makes sense - else Grandma has to wait to get back home until the kids that brought her have queued and voted.

Well, those younger persons had to get going and drive the oxygen thieves back to their residences before their bladder failure episodes leave an indelible impression on the car seats ...

Back