If God exists, then where did he come from?

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
He's always been there.
As Carl Sagan says:

"In many cultures it is customary to answer that God created the universe out of nothing. But this is mere temporizing. If we wish courageously to pursue the question, we must of course ask next where God comes from. And if we decided this to be unanswerable, why not save a step and decide that the origin of the universe is an unanswerable question? Or, if we say that God has always existed, why not save a step and conclude that the universe has always existed?"

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
As Carl Sagan says:

"In many cultures it is customary to answer that God created the universe out of nothing. But this is mere temporizing. If we wish courageously to pursue the question, we must of course ask next where God comes from. And if we decided this to be unanswerable, why not save a step and decide that the origin of the universe is an unanswerable question? Or, if we say that God has always existed, why not save a step and conclude that the universe has always existed?"
Sagasn was a draadsitter when it came to religious debate :p

/runs

Keeper

Honorary Master
Everybody came from something, be it a womb or egg or through other means. If God does indeed exists where did he come from?
Yeah, that's kinda one big IF right there...

You may as well ask how Pegasus is able to fly, if they were real.
There is no logic in fairytale stuff mate, just go with it like everyone else and don't lose too much sleep over it.

TJ99

Honorary Master
If god exists, then why are there still monkeys? lolololololol

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Those fossils these so called archeologists keep on finding were put there by GOD to test out faith in HIM.

Idiots!!!

Keeper

Honorary Master
Why do people need a creator... what, is the big bang not good enough?

Just give me a reason why you believe an ancient book filled with stories more than science. please tell me this.
You trust science when you climb onto a jumbo jet, when you take your medication, when you eat something cooked in a microwave, when you kill germs with anti-bacterial products, when you feed your baby formula.

Science is all fine an dandy when you're browsing the internet through wifi on your iPad.... then you don't doubt Science.... but when it comes to evolution or space you would rather back a book written by goat herders that lived before Europe even knew that America existed. Think about this for a minute. Stop deluding yourself, faith means nothing but "I believe in something without any evidence".

You don't need to fill your mind with nonsense, tales of rape, how to hit slaves or any of that stuff.

If you really want to know where the universe or we come from, watch a documentary on PBS/Nat Geo or read a book - I promise you it's a lot more interesting than you think, and comes without any religious dogma or people asking you to give away your money.

Splinter

Honorary Master
God does exist. But only in the minds of the simple, coerced and brain-washed.

b1scu1t

I understand all of your points, but logic dictates that nothing appears out of nothing and everything has a cause and a subsequent effect.
Who's logic? Human logic...
If the existence of God The Almighty is limited by our logic then he certainly is no God.
That's the mind blowing thought. It feels like we cannot even comprehend it.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Everybody came from something, be it a womb or egg or through other means. If God does indeed exists where did he come from?
I've often thought about this and have come to the conclusion that we as humans are governed by certain laws like cause and effect, and the laws of time. These are tangible, real and physical things. Our proof and laws govern that everything is preceeded by something, and something before it. These are universal laws. Now imagine a being who transcends these laws, where time does not exist and what is is.

Let me explain it this way. Have you ever heard of the Allegory of the Cave?

Some venture out of that cave and bring the story back of what's out there. Everyone else in the cave beats them up as lunatics and fools. Our perception, conception and reality is like that cave. What's out there is often too big and great and we are confused and terrified by it.

That's my two cents on this.

Jings

Honorary Master
I understand all of your points, but logic dictates that nothing appears out of nothing and everything has a cause and a subsequent effect.
If everything has cause and effect, what is the cause of energy?