If God exists, then where did he come from?

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
Who's logic? Human logic...
If the existence of God The Almighty is limited by our logic then he certainly is no God.
That's the mind blowing thought. It feels like we cannot even comprehend it.
Yep the standard christian airy fairy answer, when its bad or illogical then god is mysterious. When its something good then we suddenly understand god and hes great.

b1scu1t

Yep the standard christian airy fairy answer, when its bad or illogical then god is mysterious. When its something good then we suddenly understand god and hes great.
Standard skeptic answer, not understanding engrish very well.
Mysterious wasn't even in my sentence, was it?
I just said our human logic can't comprehend the fact that something just existed before us and we were the ones the popped up later.
Now THAT'S no where even remotely close to saying God is "mysterious"...
Lick all that from the spoon now.

Solarion

Honorary Master
That throws the First Law of Thermodynamics out the window. So what caused dark matter?
Energy is resistance, it's a power born out of the conflict of opposing forces, gravity vs gravity. As for what caused it? I think our answer lies in Black Holes, they are the key to science as we know it and will bring about a new and momentous revolution to our way of science. Our current science vs black holes is like trying to put a triangle into a square. We may answer some very interesting questions when we do un-ravel what's right in front of us :)

[video=youtube;0lTbQ4nPFjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lTbQ4nPFjg[/video]

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
Standard skeptic answer, not understanding engrish very well.
Mysterious wasn't even in my sentence, was it?
I just said our human logic can't comprehend the fact that something just existed before us and we were the ones the popped up later.
Now THAT'S no where even remotely close to saying God is "mysterious"...
Lick all that from the spoon now.

mys·te·ri·ous
1)Difficult or impossible to understand, explain, or identify.
2. Simultaneously arousing wonder and inquisitiveness, and eluding explanation or comprehension

You still in school or is English like your 4th language?

Keeper

Honorary Master
I've often thought about this and have come to the conclusion that we as humans are governed by certain laws like cause and effect, and the laws of time. These are tangible, real and physical things. Our proof and laws govern that everything is preceeded by something, and something before it. These are universal laws. Now imagine a being who transcends these laws, where time does not exist and what is is.

Let me explain it this way. Have you ever heard of the Allegory of the Cave?

Some venture out of that cave and bring the story back of what's out there. Everyone else in the cave beats them up as lunatics and fools. Our perception, conception and reality is like that cave. What's out there is often too big and great and we are confused and terrified by it.

That's my two cents on this.
What if the atheists are the enlightened ones, who have seen the reality by understanding evolution, who are bullied by the god believers with the still warped view of reality and cave beliefs?
(believing in spirits, gods, magic and other things)

You mentioned the ones inside are confused and terrified of what's really going on.
Well, some people are certainly confused about evolution, and terrified of the idea that we share an ancestor with monkeys.

just a thought.

Solarion

Honorary Master
What if the atheists are the enlightened ones, who have seen the reality by understanding evolution, who are bullied by the god believers with the still warped view of reality and cave beliefs?
(believing in spirits, gods, magic and other things)

You mentioned the ones inside are confused and terrified of what's really going on.
Well, some people are certainly confused about evolution, and terrified of the idea that we share an ancestor with monkeys.

just a thought.
So Atheism = Evolution and scientific thought? I think you better hijack another thread Keeper, I'm not fooled by your motives.

Splinter

Honorary Master
A few seconds ago, I had my pointy finger buried up my nose. Not much found; but sadly more substantial than what jingaling has on offer tonight....

Jings

Honorary Master
Energy is resistance, it's a power born out of the conflict of opposing forces, gravity vs gravity. As for what caused it? I think our answer lies in Black Holes, they are the key to science as we know it and will bring about a new and momentous revolution to our way of science. Our current science vs black holes is like trying to put a triangle into a square. We may answer some very interesting questions when we do un-ravel what's right in front of us :)

[video=youtube;0lTbQ4nPFjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lTbQ4nPFjg[/video]
Interesting video. Morgan Freeman's voice never gets old. Amazing how the energy released from nuclear explosions is miniscule compared to the energy generated through colliding galaxies.

Keeper

Honorary Master
So Atheism = Evolution and scientific thought? I think you better hijack another thread Keeper, I'm not fooled by your motives.
I would bet most atheists trust & accept science and evolution, yes.

What motives are you speaking of, my thought was just what if the opposite of what you suggested is valid?
You suggested God might be too big and great that some are confused and terrified by it - IMO that argument is very valid for evolution as well, many are terrified and confused about it, too.

Am I not allowed to suggest another view opposing yours? Are your blinkers on so tight that any thought opposing yours has to be a motive?

Seriously, when I get flyers about joining a church you can smell the motive...hmmmmmm smell that money! nyum yum yum! watch them beg on TV for your money, plant that SEED!
Motives for evolution....or science? yeah.... what motive do those pesky evilutionists have?

Motives? lolz.

Solarion

Honorary Master
I would bet most atheists trust & accept science and evolution, yes.

What motives are you speaking of, my thought was just what if the opposite of what you suggested is valid?
You suggested God might be too big and great that some are confused and terrified by it - IMO that argument is very valid for evolution as well, many are terrified and confused about it, too.

Am I not allowed to suggest another view opposing yours? Are your blinkers on so tight that any thought opposing yours has to be a motive?

Seriously, when I get flyers about joining a church you can smell the motive...hmmmmmm smell that money! nyum yum yum! watch them beg on TV for your money, plant that SEED!
Motives for evolution....or science? yeah.... what motive do those pesky evilutionists have?

Motives? lolz.
My apologies Keeper, I tend to get a little annoyed with religious people and atheists, they both annoy me equally. You posed a question, a valid one. I tend to keep atheists and evolution seperate from each other, when they try and combine them, that annoys me a lot. Hijacking science for an agenda is a low blow and cowardice.

DJ...

Banned
So what caused dark matter?
Subatomic particles. Theorised, like the higgs boson and higgs field was for some time, but subatomic particles nonetheless. What are these sub-atomic particles made of? Well that's an incredibly interesting question, and I've been meaning to post a thread about this in PD for some time now (Havoc wanted me to remind him when it's ready). You might also enjoy it. Now that I'm sober most of the time I might write out a less disjointed topic of discussion relating to this some time this coming week...