If I had to buy a double-cab bakkie this is what I would get

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I looked for the paid advertorial notice but couldn't find it.

/confused

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Agree
A very good friend of mine has spent the better part of the last 10 plus years in brand new Audis changing them out every 2 to 3 years for a newer model.
He knew last year he had to change this and get a bakkie as launching a speedboat was scary and fun at the dam in a front wheel drive Audi at the dam on the side when the slipway was congested. And this happened often. Little wheel spinning here and there but the Audi never failed him. Then there were the wet kids in the back so he took the plunge about 6 or so months ago and got the Amarok.

He is over the moon with it, as comfort comes first to him, he isn't worried about the 4x4 capability at all, most yuppies aren't.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
If I had to buy a double-cab bakkie this is what I would get

A better interior, a better look, and 190kW of power puts the VW Amarok above the rest.
If I had over a R1 million to spend, I wouldn't get that (yes, including extras it's well over R1 million). I'd get a Hilux 2.4 GD6 (maybe second hand from 2 years ago with low mileage) and then get my wife a newer car too.
This Amarok is overpriced. No bakkie is worth that amount.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
If I had over a R1 million to spend, I wouldn't get that (yes, including extras it's well over R1 million). I'd get a Hilux 2.4 GD6 (maybe second hand from 2 years ago with low mileage) and then get my wife a newer car too.
This Amarok is overpriced. No bakkie is worth that amount.
They'd steal that Hilux under your nose.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Well i drove my company fleet Hilux DC back in 2015 , and the car was fitted with alarm and tracker.

aaaand.... They stole it under my nose :D
I had a 2007 Hilux from 2012 for 8+ years and it was never touched. Just because yours was stolen doesn't mean it's a problematic bakkie.