If the universe is teaming for life where are they?

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
So contextually I should have started with having read the three body problem and starting to read up on the fermi paradox well where are they? Which would have been more truer than some lazy topic from another book's title. Nonetheless here we are now. haha. I think I might be leaning towards a simulated universe and we are in fact the aliens themselves being plugged into the simulation.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I don't care about aliens, but I am open to genetic and robotic augmentations. The Eugenics Wars can't come sooner. Why is the Fermi Paradox in the news, again? I don’t care all too much, to validate these theories we need to explore beyond our reach which isn’t going to happen any time soon. Fiction is all we have... For now.

saor

Honorary Master
There was a time when people were wondering the same thing about life on earth. And then we learned to cross the oceans. Space is bigger than the ocean.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
So contextually I should have started with having read the three body problem and starting to read up on the fermi paradox well where are they? Which would have been more truer than some lazy topic from another book's title. Nonetheless here we are now. haha. I think I might be leaning towards a simulated universe and we are in fact the aliens themselves being plugged into the simulation.

On this note, there is the odd probability that we were engineered. I mean, some religions believe we were created in a god's vision, but it is here where I will stop, I am not big on religious debates, however, I can't deny that we as humans are on an evolutionary path. These aren't debates easily had, many people are sensitive to the topic.

The matrix is a hard sell, because when and why are you plugged in? In the case I chose hell as a simulation, it is spot on, might even be purgatory or limbo. I am getting my money's worth.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I don't care about aliens, but I am open to genetic and robotic augmentations. The Eugenics Wars can't come sooner. Why is the Fermi Paradox in the news, again? I don’t care all too much, to validate these theories we need to explore beyond our reach which isn’t going to happen any time soon. Fiction is all we have... For now.
"in the news again" isn't quite the same as I described in the OP.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Not here.
Btw a note on the difficulty of space travel

And "the filter". I suppose it is just a passing curiosity but no harm in understanding a few of the paradoxes and some of the supported scientific thinking. Besides hard science does require some effort other than just flipping the pages.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I saw the Fermi Paradox being touched on in some mainstream article some time ago. Curious why you dropped in on the topic?
As I said
I suppose I could have added the shooter and farmer? Any case it is nothing more than read up on things in the book.

kolaval

Executive Member
And "the filter". I suppose it is just a passing curiosity but no harm in understanding a few of the paradoxes and some of the supported scientific thinking. Besides hard science does require some effort other than just flipping the pages.
I wonder how much further we could be if space exploration was a priority.
I do not understand how we do not have stuff like a hubble orbiting further out (our sun glares out a lot even at our distance), permanent "webcams" on the planets and some moons

RiaX

Executive Member
Space is too big and the distance between the stars and the energy required to travel between stars are the barriers IMO.

It's also possible we are the first intelligent life forms to evolve or the last.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I read that and was wondering what tickled your pickle to read the book. It asks a good question, but there are other problems to also explore.
Oh that, sorry, I have to blame Quinn's Ideas who imho is rather brilliant yt presenter

One of his vids lead me to that book, which I had no regrets reading and would highly recommend it.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Space is too big and the distance between the stars and the energy required to travel between stars are the barriers IMO.

It's also possible we are the first intelligent life forms to evolve or the last.

Perhaps intelligent extraterrestrials don't see us as intelligent, hence they give us a wide berth. For all I know we are a zoo.