If you don’t like watching videos on your phone, you are old

wbot

Only reason I hate watching vids on my phone is because vodacom is stealing my data/money

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Author seems to forget that not all of us are used to staring at small things all day.

Swa

Honorary Master
Oh buzz off. There's just some things phones and haphazard keyboards can't do.

Moto Guzzi

If you don’t like watching videos on your phone, you are old

The generational divide is described and defined in many different ways, some more empirical than others.

Many of these theories are speculative rather than confirmed, so in that spirit I would like to offer my nomination for what is truly the dividing force: screen size.

[Bloomberg]
What---!......My two eyes are still a few inches apart thankyou, you want evolution to give me one eye, or change my eyesight so I can see only a few inches in front, if thats what you want, you better work on improving my smell-?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
The only time I watch stuff on my television is when I'm eating. Ironically I find that I'm less distracted when I'm watching stuff on my phone.

I can't really to other stuff without switching off what I'm watching.

epah

Expert Member
Don’t own a TV, watch everything on my phone. Probably why my battery lasts 20 minutes max after a full charge.

saor

Honorary Master
I'm guessing that gap is also driven by the fact that younger people generally have fkall better to do than stare at the screen all day. Most of us once we're out the house and working and stuff tend to save our watching for when we get home, at which point there's usually a decent sized-screen within reach.

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Interesting viewpoint, but the author hasn't addresed the economic reasons forthe younger generations' move to smaller screens. Older generations generally have more disposable income and are in a better position to purchase and use a multitude of devices, each geared to suit the task.

Teapoons are great for dispensing medication, not so for watering the garden.

Obronie

Watching a dumb Russian road rage incident on the phone: fun

Watching sport on the phone: not fun
Agree and also with sport their is the social aspect when watching with a group of people that will be lost on my phone

AdrianH

Expert Member
Nonsense

I can afford to buy a 65" LED and watch 4k videos while the youth spend all their money on fancy cars and phones, so their phone is all they have to watch videos on

Stokstert

Executive Member
Then I must be really old according to the OP as I don't look at videos on the telly nor the phone, except interesting YouTube shorts.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Then I am old, I like sharing what I watch on the BIG SCREEN, not being selfish and keeping it to myself on a small screen.