If you had R3mil available - what would you do?

Bizkit87

Executive Member
It's nice to dream sometimes, so I'm interested in hearing what kind of business would you start tomorrow if you had R3mil lying around, and following up from that, how much would it cost to start your ideal business and what would it be?

ld13

Honorary Master
Business idea/name: Invest-it-all
Expected monthly returns before tax, R24125

Short and sweet.

Milano

Honorary Master
Startup costs for many businesses are incredibly low. It would be best to invest most of the R3m and only use a fraction of that to start a business.

lowriderza

3mil would cover my debt here and an Entrepreneur Visa in New Zealand. It is a seriously bad time to start a business in SA. If I had to do it in SA I would take it out of the country until after the Moody's rating announcement in I think November. Then I'll invest in a business selling IT subscription services.

I'm actually looking into that idea I mentioned above anyway...

Dretastic06

3mil woud be my debt buster and could get a nice house which i could have fibre

namzsteve

Expert Member
Smash my work laptop in front of my boss, tell them they can take the money from my pay, walk out and throw a huge party until the money is finished, then start looking and begging for a new job

YOLO right

Milano

Honorary Master
Business idea/name: Invest-it-all
Expected monthly returns before tax, R24125

Short and sweet.
Many territories where that could be legally invested tax-free. Just in a fixed bank deposit it's possible to earn 8 to 12 percent p/a. In higher risk currencies of course - that would be the caveat naturally.

geezer

Expert Member
Add it to my current pension, then leave the company for early pension February next year.......:cool:

Neuk_

Expert Member
Settle debt, get my affairs in order, organise to emigrate and invest overseas.

Milano

Honorary Master
3mil would cover my debt here and an Entrepreneur Visa in New Zealand. It is a seriously bad time to start a business in SA. If I had to do it in SA I would take it out of the country until after the Moody's rating announcement in I think November. Then I'll invest in a business selling IT subscription services.

I'm actually looking into that idea I mentioned above anyway...
How much for a New Zealand Entrepreneur Visa?

Dirtdiver

I dnt have much debt, so i will resign and follow my dreams, than work for money