If you had R3mil available - what would you do?

kfc4unme

I too would emigrate asap. That's the plan. Only thing holding me back now is my finances.

ld13

Honorary Master
Many territories where that could be legally invested tax-free. Just in a fixed bank deposit it's possible to earn 8 to 12 percent p/a. In higher risk currencies of course - that would be the caveat naturally.
I have thought about investing overseas, but have not even started that research. Figures based on 9.65% p.a fixed deposit @ finbond. Need to look into that asap for my parents, start moving some money overseas - all their eggs are currently in SA.

Milano

Honorary Master
I have thought about investing overseas, but have not even started that research. Figures based on 9.65% p.a fixed deposit @ finbond. Need to look into that asap for my parents, start moving some money overseas - all their eggs are currently in SA.
Agreed all eggs in SA is a risky place to be. Not sure that tax-free will be a possibility while still an SA resident though.

Sepeng

Expert Member
Buy a Porsche GT3 RS. Have some fun for a year then hopefully sell it for the same or more.

That's a wonderful ROI if you ask me.

OCP

Expert Member
1. not tell *anybody*
2. pay off debt
3. invest the remainder overseas

Milano

Honorary Master
Personally would not invest locally. Would use it to emigrate.
Settle debt, get my affairs in order, organise to emigrate and invest overseas.
Leave SA sooner than expected.
I'd leave SA tomorrow.
I would leave SA.
I too would emigrate asap. That's the plan. Only thing holding me back now is my finances.
Emigrate.
Which would be your top 3 emigration destinations?

ReeceDBN031

hmm.. settle my debt.. buy a flat.. then buy a house.
rent out the flat.. live in the house.
Would move the rest into a retirement fund.

oh yea.. would probably take my wife to paris..

Last edited:

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
It's nice to dream sometimes, so I'm interested in hearing what kind of business would you start tomorrow if you had R3mil lying around, and following up from that, how much would it cost to start your ideal business and what would it be?
Why 3mil ? What made you decide on that small, weird amount with which no one can retire or really do anything?

I have R110 mil already spent in the most minute detail...

cguy

Expert Member
If someone had to just give that to me (post tax), I would donate half of it and go on vacation with the other half.