If you had R3mil available - what would you do?

Dan C

Honorary Master
I'll take a years vacation and see as many places I can.

krycor

Honorary Master
Debt (minor), Emigration (transit + accommodation while job searching+ visa costs), Re-invest.

Way I see it, it would be a good start to a retirement fund post emigration in a 1st world country. I’d not do the paid visa as there are enough places to go for free.. with an eng degree lol. Problem is most prefer you being in country before the consider you.

While we all living 2019, nothing beats going thru an interview process in country and that cost is a lot cheaper than the 1m mentioned earlier.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Which would be your top 3 emigration destinations?
1. USA, Vermont. Best firearm laws ever. They don't even have "must issue" permits like some states.
May carry open or concealed without permit as long as you are a citizen of the U.S. or a lawfully admitted alien, and not otherwise prohibited from possessing firearms under state or federal law.

2. Canada
So much space, so few people

3. USA, Alaska
So much space, so fewer people. And you get paid up to $2000 a year to live there.

mokhalid

What about a franchise like Nando's or Mc Donalds? I wonder how much return you get on those per month.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Not tell my wife and first divorce her so she can take half my debt. Then take delivery of the 3 bar and settle the remainder of my debt, then open a whorehouse because pussy makes money.

3WA

Executive Member
I'd do pretty much the same thing I'm doing now. But without a bond. And my cupboard would have single-malt instead of Bells.

HunterNW

Executive Member
Buy 4 flats at R700K each. rent them out at R5K each. Take that R20K a month and invest overseas for the next 10 years. Only then, early retirement.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'd settle my home loan and vehicles and then invest the rest and carry on as usual to my ultimate plan towards early retirement and financial independence.

My home loan instalment would go straight into the same portfolios assuming my TFSA and RA and maxed out.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Not tell my wife and first divorce her so she can take half my debt. Then take delivery of the 3 bar and settle the remainder of my debt, then open a whorehouse because pussy makes money.
Lol why are you married?

Daruk

Honorary Master
Buy a second home with flat at the beach... move to the beach, rent out flat on a daily rate in holiday season, rent out house in town on a monthly rate.