If you had R3mil available - what would you do?

JayM

Expert Member
But presumably you need to actually start a business that side?

Or do you simply need a $100,000 in an account to be able to go over?
You need that to invest in a business (unless it's a really unique tech based business), a solid business plan, along with 120 points. You get points based on your age, whether you're not going to be based outside Auckland or not, how many permanent jobs you will be able to provide and whether or not you have experience running a business. If you've been a director of a failed business, you're also disqualified.

They have a nice eligibility checker here:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/entrepreneur-work-visa

acidrain

Expert Member
1_Mm_PEJQobwFRKSe9tU8pjA.png

Oh wait..... maybe not such a good idea.

In all honesty, settle debt, deposit on a house and then split the remainder 50/50 into shares/crypto

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
There are places in the world you could just straight up buy your way into with that money. Admittedly small out of the way places but still.

rietrot

Honorary Master
There are places in the world you could just straight up buy your way into with that money. Admittedly small out of the way places but still.
It's enough to retire on, with a basic lifestyle. (4% rule) gets you R10k a month without having to do any work.

rietrot

Honorary Master
well until everything goes tits up.
If just SA goes tits up you'll be a king with dollars, money in a world eft at a minimum.

If the world goes tits up everyone else will still be worse off.

Tander

Executive Member
But presumably you need to actually start a business that side?

Or do you simply need a $100,000 in an account to be able to go over?
There are other requirements, like meeting the 120-point criteria. Not sure about actual investment; I'd guess you'd have to.

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
3bar? I would buy Zimbabwe. I'd expect a decent deal for cash payment. Soon as I'm there and the legal owner... with the R800k change I'd buy a sports car and a mansion. Get rid of the current regime. Change to name of the place to something inviting. Change the county (as yet unnamed) policies to attract investment back. Expect it to flourish within 5-8 years. #win