If you left South Africa where would you go?

If you left South Africa where would you go?

• Somewhere else in Africa

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Asia

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Europe

Votes: 173 33.2%
  • North America

Votes: 98 18.8%
  • Central or South America

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, et al)

Votes: 109 20.9%
  • Other

Votes: 33 6.3%
  • I wouldn't leave SA

Votes: 52 10.0%

• Total voters

DrHasntLost

Thailand...land of Smiles. The only place we get 2 to 1 baht to Rand.
We been trying to leave for the last 2 years. But Virus and Non Functional state entities who are s'posed to process Clearance certification i.e. ANC ruled Police And Home Affairs blaming the Virus instead of owning up to their own incompetence and inability to do what they are paid to do as civil "Servants"
When this so called Pandemic is over, You watch the Flood gates open and a Mass Exodus of Biblical proportions.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
We been trying to leave for the last 2 years. But Virus and Non Functional state entities who are s'posed to process Clearance certification i.e. ANC ruled Police And Home Affairs blaming the Virus instead of owning up to their own incompetence and inability to do what they are paid to do as civil "Servants"
When this so called Pandemic is over, You watch the Flood gates open and a Mass Exodus of Biblical proportions.
:rolleyes:

Bismuth

Expert Member
Canggu is high on the list, but definitely somewhere in South East Asia.

redspark

Expert Member
No matter how hard I try, I cannot shake off the lust for Russia :giggle:

Other options: Turkey and Iceland.

Norrad

Expert Member
Good luck with that. You will forever be at the mercy of 1 year visa extensions and immigration officers with huge chips on their shoulders. I eventually went the Thai Elite visa route to get away from the confusing visa hoops they make you jump through.

maumau

Honorary Master

In our dreams. There will always be incompetent Home Affairs staff to prevent the free flow of ID documents and passports.

Just imagine the passive resistance if we can't travel without a COVID vaccination stamp in our passports.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Some destinations are :unsure: ......leave a 3rd World hole with no service delivery for another, weird.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
The world is totally overmanged and so screwed up that its like changing to another bank, just a matter of time before something else hits you.

netstrider

Expert Member
A boat.

A sailboat. Roughly R250k for a course in CPT for full license.

About R10-20m for a proper small yacht with everything I would want.

I would sail and sail until I die.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
A boat.

A sailboat. Roughly R250k for a course in CPT for full license.

About R10-20m for a proper small yacht with everything I would want.

I would sail and sail until I die.

Agree with that. But the SO doesn't buy into that pipe dream of mine.
Hell she doesn't even want to think about getting into a plane with me if I can get around to getting my PPL (Private Pilot's License) done.
But I'll take that as a blessing :p :D

netstrider

Expert Member
Agree with that. But the SO doesn't buy into that pipe dream of mine.
Hell she doesn't even want to think about getting into a plane with me if I can get around to getting my PPL (Private Pilot's License) done.
But I'll take that as a blessing :p :D
Don't ask for permission.