If you like walking barefeet on legos, WIRUlink is for you

PandaZ

Hi,

Thought I'd share my experience with WIRUlink, which is about as painful as hitting your toe on the kitchen counter at 3AM.
So because I couldn't get ADSL or Fibre I opted for the Wireless route, first off was Level 7, service was great, but no line of sight, enter WIRUlink, I signed up with them in October 2016.
Site Survey and installation was done, took about 2 weeks to get the install booked, but I understand they are busy people.
Logged my first call with them on the 30th of October, because of ping packet drops, line disconnects and high response time, team came out to fix it, didn't help, but after 3 emails it was eventually resolved on the 2nd of November.

After that the line was fairly stable, would drop connection every now and again but i didn't take note of it, until i started playing the new Battlefield, it got infuriating but I pushed through it though and accepted it as bad weather, or something(gremlins).
The gremlins slowly but surely started to multiply and on the 15th of January i decided to contact them. What a lovely experience, about as great as kidney stones, and I've had that twice, considering it a third time if it would get them out of my life.
I got the default response of we checked the tower please test, or we checked the antenna, please test, one time I even got a "well have a look", literally a response from their support team, still no resolution.
Email after email back and forth with me providing ping statistics to 8.8.8.8, proving the disconnects, at this point it was happening anywhere between 1 to 5 times an hour.
Asking for the call to be escalated also didn't work, had to phone in and then I got a hold of the support manager.

I started running a continuous ping and realized that the issue only happens between around 18:00 to 01:00, high peak times or congestion perhaps? Who knows.
They came to replace the PoE unit because it seems the dish loses power, maybe we need to disable power saving mode on the unit as it only works during the day :).
I have asked for a full refund, they have a 6 month buy back guarantee, the same as mentioned in the Consumer Protection Act Section 54, which to this point I am not sure if I will get, but I am still in talks with the support manager.

During this whole process it was always an issue to get a response or interest from someone that actually cares, maybe understaffed, maybe lack of interest, I am baffled.

It just saddens me that it took 30 days for the issue to actually be attended to and investigated, even after providing proof of the issue numerous times.

I have cancelled my contract with them as I am moving, but from my experience, I would not recommend them to anyone.

Unhappy Customer,
Centurion

WIRUlink

Hi PandaZ, we sincerely apologise for you feeling that WIRUlink's technical team have not been giving you a proper resolution to the problems you have been experiencing.

Although we pride ourselves on exceptional service offered to thousands of happy customers, we would like to hear where we are dropping the ball to focus on improving our levels of service and not making the same mistakes in the future.

We thank you for the valuable information given above to improve on staff training, response times and procedures. Please give us your account number and more information by emailing it to feedback <at> wiru.co.za. Management will look into this and get back to you.

Riaan Maree
Technical Director
WIRUlink
www.wiru.co.za

Neo_X

Expert Member
Hi PandaZ, we sincerely apologise for
*snip*
www.wiru.co.za

yikes. i wanted to offer a middle way - utilize the 30days of cancellation to troubleshoot the link on a dedicated daily basis, to at least show that you have what it takes.

then i noticed that you literally only replied a full 37 days after the OP. ouch.....

WIRUlink

Hi Neo_x, we do have a 6 months buy back guarantee. Should this 6 months lapse after a problem have been reported, we work on the original date the problem have been logged with our support desk.

Although we try to respond to all WIRUlink compliments & complaints within 24 hours, MyBroadband is not one of our official support channels and are not monitored for comments 24/7. We do however realise that a lot of our current and future customers make use of the MyBroadband Forum to raise their concerns or get feedback from other users on which ISP to use.

We are committed to keep on improving our service wherever possible. All feedback (positive and/or negative) are therefore appreciated to assist us to be the best Wireless Broadband Provider in SA (https://mybroadband.co.za/news/broa...-fixed-broadband-service-in-south-africa.html) and never stop improving.