If you need to select one South African telecoms company to invest in, which one would you pick?

If you need to select one South African telecoms company to invest in, which one would you pick?

• Vodacom

Votes: 89 45.9%
  • MTN

Votes: 65 33.5%
  • Telkom

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • Blue Label (Cell C)

Votes: 9 4.6%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member

Dups!

As they are planning to let go of cell c to the highest bidder, it might actually be a good investment as their share prices are likely to improve after that.
I was looking at the Blue Label shares and they haven't been doing that well for a while, admittedly, mostly due to Cell C but...

Nemus

Expert Member
I was looking at the Blue Label shares and they haven't been doing that well for a while, admittedly, mostly due to Cell C but...
Ya true.. but when Cell C is released (or shut) the price will first take a bit of a dip but then quickly recover and climb.
Blue Label has some very decent companies in their hallways.

now05ster

Expert Member
MTN is diversified across many countries, and its share is trading at fair levels. Its international footprint is both an advantage and a risk - depends on your outlook as to whether it is a good buy or not.
Consider me educated.

buyeye

Expert Member
Bought MTN at around R200 lost half my money, something about a fine in Nigeria.
Thought going in R100 might be a good idea then covid19 happened.
Thought of going in at R50 then i just slapped myself and started burning half my money.

I joke ofcourse about the burning but not the rest.

RedViking

Nord of the South
The biggest monopoly of course. Vodacom. Nothing stands I their way to charge excessive fees. Big bucks everywhere. Win win win all the way.

The future is exciting. Ready?