Ignore List

DreamKing

Executive Member
It is going to cause overhead on the forum software to do that I guess. However, censorship like that is bound to cause issues. I would love nothing more than ToxicBunny not being able to read a thing I post here, but I've learnt that putting he/she/it on ignore is the best I can do and it works. I don't have to see his snarky personal attacks and it appears others also don't see it or care :)
but I would love to see he can't read my post rather than I can't read his post.

I can selectively read his post or not, but he definitely doesn't has the right to read my post. :D
if he is still responding my post but I can't read, he can keep doing personal attack against me but I can't respond. I feel like I am an ostrich. :(

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
but I would love to see he can't read my post rather than I can't read his post.

I can selectively read his post or not, but he definitely doesn't has the right to read my post. :D
if he is still responding my post but I can't read, he can keep doing personal attack against me but I can't respond. I feel like I am an ostrich. :(
Yeah I guess... But can you imagine the tantrum from him... "Whaaaa rpm I cannot read DreamKings' posts... whaaa, censorship..... whaaaaa racism... etc"

R13...

Honorary Master
why that is not my role? the guy irritates me a lot, he should be banned from me. he doesn't want to talk to me, why he has the right to read my post? I just don't understand.
When you place him on your ignore list it is the same as him banned our of your forum life. He can't read and reply to your posts but you don't see them so shouldn't affect you and neither should you care. From your pov it is the same as him not existing.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
When you place him on your ignore list it is the same as him banned our of your forum life. He can't read and reply to your posts but you don't see them so shouldn't affect you and neither should you care. From your pov it is the same as him not existing.
True, unless of course he trolls, and derails the thread trying to snipe at you. You might not see it but others will.

DreamKing

Executive Member
as I know, he can.
some of the persons I put in my ignore list they are still replying my post. :(

R13...

Honorary Master
True, unless of course he trolls, and derails the thread trying to snipe at you. You might not see it but others will.
But as I understand you don't see his posts/replies at all on this new software. Think of it like, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
as I know, he can.
some of the persons I put in my ignore list they are still replying my post. :(
And they will, if you click "show ignored content" you can once again see the whole thing as if ignore is turned off.. and that's where the problem lies. A troll can latch on to your posts and derail threads by sniping and you cannot do much about it. However, now if you had to block him from reading your posts... hmmm

DreamKing

Executive Member
And they will, if you click "show ignored content" you can once again see the whole thing as if ignore is turned off.. and that's where the problem lies. A troll can latch on to your posts and derail threads by sniping and you cannot do much about it. However, now if you had to block him from reading your posts... hmmm
that is why I don't want them can read my post. :)

DreamKing

Executive Member
If it rains - take out an umbrella, don't try to blow the clouds away.
doesn't matter, I knew that you don't want to do anything extra.
you won't get a cent for that, right?

PS: I know that already, you don't need to tell me over and over again. :)

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Can you add the ignore list's functions as follow?

1) I can select the person(s) in my ignore list who can't read my posts. (very important)
2) I can select the person(s) in my ignore list I can read their posts. (not that important)
3) or both

thank you.
My 2¢

1) No, your posts belong to everyone.
2) No, what's the point in ignoring someone if you want to read their posts?
3) No + No = No

Pro tip - you don't need an ignore function to ignore people. Allow me to illustrate.

Cr419

Executive Member
I recently heard someone say that if you run into an arsehole in the morning, then you did run into an arsehole. If you run into arseholes all day then you are the arsehole.

Just saying DK....