• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Illegal connections to blame for Soweto power failures, says Eskom

schumi

Honorary Master
. Johannesburg - Parts of Soweto have gone without electricity for several days, but Eskom has simply said there is nothing it can do because the power failures are caused by "illegal connections".

Residents of Zola, Emndeni, Zondi, and Mofolo residents have taken to social media to vent their frustrations about the power failures, which began more than a week ago.

On Friday electricity supplies had not yet been restored.

“The whole of Zola has been without electricity ... ,” said resident Slindile Zwane, adding "I came back from work at 7 pm. When I was about to cook the electricity just went off. I can't afford to buy takeaways so I had to go to bed hungry."
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-af...for-soweto-power-failures-says-eskom-16156380

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Good. The next is hopefully mob justice against those who don’t pay by those who pay.

But I’m probably too optimistic there.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Switch off and deploy security forces when the [-]protesting[/-] rioting starts.

But nope, gotta make sure they get their votes in 2019.