I'm confused and need some advice please ( Vumatel Fibre )

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Hey guys,

I want fibre at home. So I goto axxess.co.za and see that my address can get fibre with Vumatel. Awesome. Called them and they confirmed it. Only thing is, I don't get a free router and must buy one.

However, if I goto afrihost.co.za and type in my address, it says that fibre is still being rolled out in my area. As in "Hey you cannot get Vumatel fibre in your area yet". How can that be? axxess then tells me I can order it now. ( With Vumatel ).

Some insight would be appreciated.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
You guys are amazing. Thank you!

[EDIT] Sheesh there are so many ISP's to choose from. I'll do some serious reading up before choosing one.

Last edited:

STORMERSFAN

TBH, I would not go with either of those ISP's. In fact, I would avoid them like the black plague. Best thing you can do is order the fibre directy with Vuma, and then choose an ISP. Do some research first on fibre ISP's.
Axxess imo were acrually quite good..I was with.them for two years..afrihost.were.Ok..

RVFmal

Expert Member
Based on experience avoid WebAfrica, Axxess, Afrihost, BSit (and Cool Ideas for me at least could not even get the application right - cannot comment on actual service). Currently with Bitco and to date very few issues (although I suspect that now that I have said that, something will go awry....). Just be aware that if you opt for Bitco, you have to send through support requests to change any settings on the Bitco supplied router (I use my own, with theirs as redundancy).

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Bleh

I call Axxess and that used tampon that I spoke to said, "Ja sure bru you can get fibre in your area. Just pre-order and when they get back on the 15th Jan you'll be all sorted by about the 20th Jan". He even checked my address I gave him on his side.

After some digging ( no pun intended ) I found out they busy rolling out fibre in my area, that it isn't available yet.

But that tampon at axxess says, "ja lekke fibre is available my bru".

Waiting for it to become available can be anything from 1 week to 1 decade.

Bonk

Bleh

I call Axxess and that used tampon that I spoke to said, "Ja sure bru you can get fibre in your area. Just pre-order and when they get back on the 15th Jan you'll be all sorted by about the 20th Jan". He even checked my address I gave him on his side.

After some digging ( no pun intended ) I found out they busy rolling out fibre in my area, that it isn't available yet.

But that tampon at axxess says, "ja lekke fibre is available my bru".

Waiting for it to become available can be anything from 1 week to 1 decade.
Don't know why, but this made me laugh

@LOTR got the order process right. Rather order directly through Vuma.

I'm with Web Squad. Got a 200/200 - no problems at all. Support has been great- detailed technical answers when you ask. Instead of taking their free router, I got a discounted upgrade to a Ubiquity USG from them and running a UniFi wifi setup. 200/200 on Wifi almost anywhere in the house.