I'm due for an Upgrade. Anyone want to buy a phone? (MTN)

Budza

Executive Member
As in title.

I bought myself a new one at the Duty Free shop. Now I'm due for an upgrade, but don't need one...

I'm keen to recoup part of the cost of my Desire HD.

I'm on MTN 200- any phone that's available on there I'll be able to get, then we can work out what the cost of the phone is over 24months. SHOULD be less than buying new or even imported. Will come with the standard MTN 2yr warranty, which I think is cool as long as the phone is used on the MTN network.

Anybody in the market for anything? Blackberries excluded, as BIS cannot be transferred (unless you take it without BIS).

EDIT: I have received some PM's with differing calculations. The MTN 200 is R99 with no phone. The difference between that and what the phone you want costs/m is roughly what I'd consider the phone to be worth.

SO, look here: MTN Retail Specials, see what you want and make me an offer. I'm already overdue, so should be able to get the thing ASAP.

Cape Town buyers preferred. It's easier.

PM's welcome, or reply to thread.

Last edited:

Budza

Executive Member
& if you don't honour your contract they'll block the phone...
Other phone is bought. I need to renew the contract. I'll continue on MTN- the upgrade phone will be surplus, which is what I want to sell. Not sure I understand what you mean otherwise...

Will the phone include the sim?
Nope. My contract = my SIM. I'm selling the phone that comes with my upgrade.

Note: AFAIK, MTN's 2yr warranty applies as long as the phone is used consistently on the MTN network. This is not guaranteed. Again, it's easier if you're based in CPT. In which case you could bring it to me to take in if required.

I have received some PM's with differing calculations. The MTN 200 is R99 with no phone. The difference between that and what the phone you want costs/m is roughly what I'd consider the phone to be worth. I haven't made many calculations myself yet, but here's one example:

MTN 200 = R99/m (use your own phone).
MTN 200 with HTC Desire HD = R319/m = R220/m x 24 = R5280. So, ideally I'd meet you halfway between there and RRP. Or something like that- open to negotiations :)