Im so tired of complaining about rain

animehero

Expert Member
If it doesn't work for you,no point in paying for it right? You not losing anything but money

supersunbird

Honorary Master
What deal you on? The R999 1TB Tlekom deal or the R1069 1TB MTN deal not viable options?

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Morning @MickeyDangerez

My apologies for the inconvenience could you please PM me with the email address that is linked to your rain account. Let me take a look into this matter and get this issue resolved.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
@MickeyDangerez

Please PM me so that I can assist you further, that information cannot be posted in public, then with that information, I will be able to assist you further.

MickeyDangerez

If it doesn't work for you,no point in paying for it right? You not losing anything but money

This is a service delivery issue, not about leaving if it's not working. It should be working.

Without a minimum expected speed, a consumer would interpret up to 10 Mbps means that it should be closer to 10 Mbps than 0.5 Mbps and to be able to call the service 4G it must be faster than 3G lol

Yskasmetnstoof

Currently the line speed is 1Mbps

Cell ID 128316931
WAN IP Address:10.98.102.143
Public IP *.*.116.175
Mine too. Whole day. Lot of times dead. Average round 3 when on. DM all you like. Phone all you like. Escalate all you like. This ****ery of an ISP will not solve anything.
I don't know if they are bankrupt and are scamming the remaining clients for as much as they can or what is the problem but they treat clients with disgust and arrogance. Fleece them for payment and then push dead or near dead lines in return.
And it is NOT the modem or the cat or the birds outside cause at times when people sleep or work, the speed is faaast.
This classical ISP thievery it looks like to me.
I am planning my departure. Will in the meantime fall back on a Telkom sim in a spare modem which is ten times the speed of Rain and is actually dependable. I can switch it on and work.
Bloody Rain. And when their down speed is fast the up speed is NEVER more than 3 or 4. Many times the wonderfull reading of 0,0
Conclusion: You CANNOT work with a Rain connection. Or watch Netflix.
Beware of this bunch. Stay far away from them.

animehero

Expert Member
This is a service delivery issue, not about leaving if it's not working. It should be working.

Without a minimum expected speed, a consumer would interpret up to 10 Mbps means that it should be closer to 10 Mbps than 0.5 Mbps and to be able to call the service 4G it must be faster than 3G lol
That's exactly what you do if something isn't working though. If a service isn't working and they are unable to or unwilling to fix it, you move to a different provider. You might feel the urge to want to fight for your monies worth and send some strongly worded emails and post some nasty tweets,but at the end of the day you don't gain much from doing these things. If you just do a quick search you'll find that you aren't the first person to experience these issues and unfortunately won't be the last. While you are a paying customer and they get your money,they have very little inclination to help you fix whatever's broken. If you stop paying for non service they cut you off. Why can't you role reverse?

The point I'm making is, hopefully someone there can fix it and you're golden so you'll stop complaining or it gets bad or doesn't get resolved which lands you up back here complaining again. If it's the latter you have your answer. Move to a provider that can offer you a decent service

Edit: just look at the chap above me to confirm what I've said

MickeyDangerez

That's exactly what you do if something isn't working though. If a service isn't working and they are unable to or unwilling to fix it, you move to a different provider. You might feel the urge to want to fight for your monies worth and send some strongly worded emails and post some nasty tweets,but at the end of the day you don't gain much from doing these things. If you just do a quick search you'll find that you aren't the first person to experience these issues and unfortunately won't be the last. While you are a paying customer and they get your money,they have very little inclination to help you fix whatever's broken. If you stop paying for non service they cut you off. Why can't you role reverse?

The point I'm making is, hopefully someone there can fix it and you're golden so you'll stop complaining or it gets bad or doesn't get resolved which lands you up back here complaining again. If it's the latter you have your answer. Move to a provider that can offer you a decent service

Edit: just look at the chap above me to confirm what I've said

Yes, let me switch it's so convenient it's mos lekker to RICA RICA RICA. At this stage its more likely that I die from frustration and in that way stop complaining.

MickeyDangerez

lol I don't think this is broadband...

Attachments

• Rain is a pain in ----.jpg
    Rain is a pain in ----.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 36

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Yes, let me switch it's so convenient it's mos lekker to RICA RICA RICA. At this stage its more likely that I die from frustration and in that way stop complaining.

So if you buy a new VW and it gives you years of trouble and they are very slow to fix it each time, next time you will buy a VW again, just cause the dealership is much closer (say 5km, against say the Toyota dealership which is 50km away)?

As they say "as jy dom is moet jy voel",

Saba'a

Executive Member
Mine too. Whole day. Lot of times dead. Average round 3 when on. DM all you like. Phone all you like. Escalate all you like. This ****ery of an ISP will not solve anything.
I don't know if they are bankrupt and are scamming the remaining clients for as much as they can or what is the problem but they treat clients with disgust and arrogance. Fleece them for payment and then push dead or near dead lines in return.
And it is NOT the modem or the cat or the birds outside cause at times when people sleep or work, the speed is faaast.
This classical ISP thievery it looks like to me.
I am planning my departure. Will in the meantime fall back on a Telkom sim in a spare modem which is ten times the speed of Rain and is actually dependable. I can switch it on and work.
Bloody Rain. And when their down speed is fast the up speed is NEVER more than 3 or 4. Many times the wonderfull reading of 0,0
Conclusion: You CANNOT work with a Rain connection. Or watch Netflix.
Beware of this bunch. Stay far away from them.
Sounds like rip off Vox!