Im so tired of complaining about rain

MickeyDangerez

This is something you have control over. Cancel the service. Or is there some kind of contract? I've long learned to steer clear of telecoms contracts.

The only control I have left is preventing me from burning down the tower.

They have oversold the area and they must increase capacity to be able to deliver service.

Unfortunately they are like an ANC municipality: you didn't vote for them, you don't want them but they are the monopoly in service delivery...

I want broadband as promised. If they can't they must switch off their tower and just stop doing business.

stepper

Expert Member
The 10Mbps 4G uncapped product doesn't work. If you like or have rain only, get their other products...the 5G products all work from the 499 to the 999 packages.

WalkWithMe

They have oversold the area and they must increase capacity to be able to deliver service.

Unfortunately they are like an ANC municipality: you didn't vote for them, you don't want them but they are the monopoly in service delivery...

I want broadband as promised. If they can't they must switch off their tower and just stop doing business.
I skimmed this thread.
rain is not a monopoly, if anything they are one of the small players.
Which area is this?
Have you tried another router or placement of router?

There is many other options, why are you not considering it. You can get fibre for cheaper than rain now days.

The Trutherizer

Executive Member

Classic case of fake it till you make it.
Saw it very early. A new technological solution with baked in benefits I could understand, but they were basically selling second rate for a cheaper price and calling it a revolution. Which is really just... um... Selling second rate for a cheaper price. Nothing revolutionary there.
Don't really know what more one can say about it.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Still working beautifully for me!!

a585fd41ecaf6844bf7eb9d8ef897254.jpg

Magnum

Executive Member
I feen your pain. They don't care. Now Imagine it is a nice sunday morning. Work calls, hell they even send somone to you house just to check why you are not answering. Never mind Harassment, Invasion of Privacy...

Kiemo

Expert Member
I would like to get the service advertised and which is paid for. how about you get lost.
If you not getting it then cancel .. we all have choices bro … it’s not like you forced to use them … it works for some and others it dont …

MickeyDangerez

Why is rain throttling downloads from Epic Games and why is it when they throttle the connection all devices suffer poor speeds? I mean Epic is downloading at less than 40kb/s why throttle it anyway?

MickeyDangerez

I skimmed this thread.
rain is not a monopoly, if anything they are one of the small players.
Which area is this?
Have you tried another router or placement of router?

There is many other options, why are you not considering it. You can get fibre for cheaper than rain now days.
Its not the router or devices connected to it. 110% caused by congestion on the single tower they are trying to cater for almost the entire city.

No fibre, no other uncapped options at the moment. The problem is they promised up to 10Mbps, have only ever received average of 0.5 Mbps because of overselling and not increasing capacity.

kabusi

Expert Member
Its not the router or devices connected to it. 110% caused by congestion on the single tower they are trying to cater for almost the entire city.

No fibre, no other uncapped options at the moment. The problem is they promised up to 10Mbps, have only ever received average of 0.5 Mbps because of overselling and not increasing capacity.
Just hang in there. I was at my wits end with Rain as my speeds were always below 1Mbps.
They will not easily be able to solve the mess they are in as they are in way to deep with a bad model in populous areas.
The good news is fibre is rolling out rapidly in these areas.
I thought it would be a good 10 year wait for my neighbourhood.
Once fibre comes around, your life will change as it is light years ahead. literally.
I am with the worst ranked FNO and ISP ie. 1.3 and 1.6 on Hellopeter and yet I have nothing to complain about most days.

1638899446512.png

Reactions: Yuu

WalkWithMe

They promised UP TO and not you will get 10mbs

Which area are you in?

There are other options where you can get big data bundles like Vodacom did 400GB for R300/month.

You are clearly in an area where Rain cannot service your requirement.

Is there not a WISP in the area?

jbroo

They promised UP TO and not you will get 10mbs

Which area are you in?

There are other options where you can get big data bundles like Vodacom did 400GB for R300/month.

You are clearly in an area where Rain cannot service your requirement.

Is there not a WISP in the area?
Bullshit. Rain routinely oversells their capacity. Its their business model - an all you can eat buffet of dial-up internet. All their towers are oversold and they all turn to s#!t regularly.

They gaslight us with positioning, signal and router reboots, but they NEVER just admit the obvious - their product is bad. How can the problem lie with signal/positioning when that has NOT changed? What changed is their crap towers are overloaded.

Last edited:

jbroo

Up to 10mbps does not mean 1mbps is acceptable. There is such a thing as minimum acceptable service.

WalkWithMe

Bullshit. Rain routinely oversells their capacity. Its their business model - an all you can eat buffet of dial-up internet. All their towers are oversold and they all turn to s#!t regularly.

They gaslight us with positioning, signal and router reboots, but they NEVER just admit the obvious - their product is bad. How can the problem lie with signal/positioning when that has NOT changed? What changed is their crap towers are overloaded.
What?
Rain is crap. Move on. Vote with your wallet.

It is a best effort services. No guarantees

stravanosa

My wonderful Rain 5G premium speeds. Only start to pick up after 12am. used to get over 300Mbps download then overnight i get the below speeds. Multiple tickets to rain, Not helpful at all. They just told me its congestion.

Giving them till the end of the month before I switch to MTN 5G

IMG_20211210_105924.jpg

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master

Do see any of the following providing the same service

• Telkom
  • MTN
  • Vodacom
  • Cell C
  • MWEB.
  • Axxess.
  • Vox Telecom.
  • Webafrica.
  • Afrihost.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
My wonderful Rain 5G premium speeds. Only start to pick up after 12am. used to get over 300Mbps download then overnight i get the below speeds. Multiple tickets to rain, Not helpful at all. They just told me its congestion.

Giving them till the end of the month before I switch to MTN 5G

View attachment 1210828
Morning @stravanosa

Please PM me the email address linked to your profile.

MickeyDangerez

rain internet is unusable at the moment. I've set Battle.net to download COD WARZONE at 15 kb/s but once it starts its as if the entire internet connection is being throttled ping of 700ms to 1.1.1.1 and a lot of time outs.

Close app it seems to improve but can't even stream unbuffered at 144p connected via lan wifi off doesn't make a difference to speeds how many devices are connected but sometimes even the speeds between the devices make sense.

Have restarted the router and switched off other devices still very kak dailup internet speeds.