Im so tired of complaining about rain

BCR

Expert Member
So tech came out again and we tested another location higher up and managed to get 40up and down. They will come back later to make a permanent install.

However moved it to a temporary position where we get 90 down and 15 up.

Its the weirdest thing ever where download goes up but at the same time upload goes down.

Anyone know if this is a 5g thing? I mean I would assume if the download is fast and the signal is ok, the upload should be too. But this doesn't seem to be the case.
Just guesswork on my part based on what I've experienced with Telkom 4G / LTE - might be a change in frequencies / spectrum.

Usually with Telkom LTE the 1800 Mhz will give you closer upload & download speeds, while 2300 have downloads way higher than uploads.

Try checking up how many frequencies Rain 5G have, especially available where you are if more than one, and that might be your answer if your router's set to auto change between them.

CaptainJustice

Expert Member
I'm still waiting for internet connectivity from that router bruh it's hella painful

On the 25mbps package. The crazy speed is a side effect of the issue were experiencing. Look at my previous test on day 1 i got 200+Mbps download.

When the router is higher up above the roof it drops to 40/40 equal. That's the rain speed test. Using pro software like Trinity CST true speed under 20Mbps.

Think I'm the only one on the tower here atm. Its still a new site which they were bringing online.

CaptainJustice

Expert Member
Just guesswork on my part based on what I've experienced with Telkom 4G / LTE - might be a change in frequencies / spectrum.

Usually with Telkom LTE the 1800 Mhz will give you closer upload & download speeds, while 2300 have downloads way higher than uploads.

Try checking up how many frequencies Rain 5G have, especially available where you are if more than one, and that might be your answer if your router's set to auto change between them.
Its weird when the router is low on the windowsill download is very high but with poor upload.

When placed higher at specific position the download drops from 90 to 40 and upload increases significantly from 2 to 40.

Its the weirdest experience.