IMF money will be well-spent by government: Treasury

R13...

Honorary Master
Wonder if we have any legal experts that can comment on whether it will be possible for the people of South
Africa to hold the IMF responsible for the loan, as they willingly gave the money to known corrupt individuals/government that has proven numerous times that it is incapable of stopping corruption :unsure:
Probably not. The people of South Africa elected the ANC to rep them in an occasion such as this.

yebocan

Honorary Master
Wonder if we have any legal experts that can comment on whether it will be possible for the people of South
Africa to hold the IMF responsible for the loan, as they willingly gave the money to known corrupt individuals/government that has proven numerous times that it is incapable of stopping corruption :unsure:
IMF deals with countries not individuals nor political parties. Just as the ANC led government had to settle the Nats ran up debt - the next national administration will have the same " fun"

eg2505

Honorary Master
You've Got a better chance of asking a el-chapo to stop selling drugs to Americans.

We all know what the ANC does, and nobody is under any illusion they will use that money responsibly.

It's pretty much a done deal it will get wasted on BMW and land Rover dealers, or bribes on rural homes like nkaaaaaaaaaandla.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Probably not. The people of South Africa elected the ANC to rep them in an occasion such as this.
Yip, If you didn't vote, you let this happen,
You got Exactly what you asked for, 4 more years of incompetent leaders and barely hidden corruption with a slice of communism thrown in for good measure.

Last edited:

rh1

Its not about the top line, its is the government (in all its forms) spend, we can ask for $1trillion, and nothing will change in South Africa:
Schooling will still be substandard
Public health will still kill you
Fruitless and wastefull expenditure will be in amounts you cannot physically visualise.
Infrastructure will still be broken
Government employees will still be over remunerated.

The list goes on.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
give them one more chance ...... (repeat x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times)

:sick:

lucifir

Expert Member
IMF deals with countries not individuals nor political parties. Just as the ANC led government had to settle the Nats ran up debt - the next national administration will have the same " fun"
I understand that, but surely the case can be made that the IMF knowingly loaned money to a corrupt government. who they knew were not going to use that money for covid and as such cannot expect the people of RSA to pay this "loan".

yebocan

Honorary Master
I understand that, but surely the case can be made that the IMF knowingly loaned money to a corrupt government. who they knew were not going to use that money for covid and as such cannot expect the people of RSA to pay this "loan".
you running under the assumption that IMF cares about the people of ZA - there be no IMF heart nor soul....effectively it is an financial institution... all they care about is : are loan repayments are up to date?.....and how can we assist you (government) to dig a deeper financial hole.

access

Honorary Master
jaaa suuuure..

and giving a crackhead money to buy food will be money well spent

Last edited:

yebocan

Honorary Master
Its not about the top line, its is the government (in all its forms) spend, we can ask for $1trillion, and nothing will change in South Africa:
Schooling will still be substandard
Public health will still kill you
Fruitless and wastefull expenditure will be in amounts you cannot physically visualise.
Infrastructure will still be broken
Government employees will still be over remunerated.

The list goes on.
agree - the state was repurposed...the enablers of SC are gone, but still plenty of life in the parallel apparatus they setup....not forgetting those that want to be part of enablers.v2.... a leadership and bureaucracy bursting at the seams with ineptitude...welcome to ****en South Africa!

konfab

Honorary Master
Correction: The South African taxpayers had to settle the debt.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Adding the debts of the banking sector, including the Reserve Bank, and of the private sector, the total foreign apartheid debt amounted to US$ 25 billion.

Our debt now is like $200 Billion or something? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I can just imagine thechump, gathering strength to go anc ranty on you all later .... how dare you not believe! :laugh:

R13...

Honorary Master
Our debt now is like $200 Billion or something? Please correct me if I am wrong.
You're right $208bn in 2018, should have grown by a few bn since then and set to get worse.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
You're right $208bn in 2018, should have grown by a few bn since then and set to get worse.
Ja....so in fact, apartheid debt PALES in comparison to what the freedom fighters have saddled us with. We (and yes, I include myself in that because apartheid was wrong and I am a white South African and love my country, even though it is getting harder and harder day by day) have not been freed, we have been enslaved.

wingnut771

Executive Member