Immense price cuts on Vumatel

Norman86

Vox Telecom, you have left me no choice.
This is theft from unsuspecting clients. The same people you should try retain. But apparently you aren't interested in that.

@Others, please tell me how easy it is to move to a different ISP as Vox is leaving me no choice.
I also would have stayed if only they'd take responsibility, but no, they are only changing peoples prices where it gets requested.

Norman86

Well Vox is giving me lip service, and now they're blaming Vumatel as the area provider.
I have requested them to sort this out, but it seems the only way will be to close the account.

droidx

Expert Member
It's easy to request the price drop, but I opted to cancel instead. Its not the kind of treatment I would like as a customer and it shows their colours.
I submitted my cancellation and my Afrihost application is pending that cancellation.

I'll probably have some pain in moving my line. I have Afrihost at a different residence and their handling of the openserve price changes were good, now again with the vuma price changes, so I'm going there.

It is well within Vox's rights run things the way they are. Although I do hope that enough people vote with their wallets, so that they can catch a wake up.

rrh

Expert Member
It's easy to request the price drop, but I opted to cancel instead. Its not the kind of treatment I would like as a customer and it shows their colours.
I submitted my cancellation and my Afrihost application is pending that cancellation.

I'll probably have some pain in moving my line. I have Afrihost at a different residence and their handling of the openserve price changes were good, now again with the vuma price changes, so I'm going there.

It is well within Vox's rights run things the way they are. Although I do hope that enough people vote with their wallets, so that they can catch a wake up.
Ditto, other than that different ISP's are involved.

I also find it somewhat insulting that my current ISP believes that I will be prepared to remain with them for R45.00 per month discount that they have offered (under duress).

Drifter

Honorary Master
Vox just confirmed with me. Same line speed, but R100 p/m less.

Norman86

Yes, this is ridiculous. They claim a mail was sent out, but it seems no one got this.
That I need to request the change is nonsense, other ISP's done it automatically.

The way they are handling the situation, seems leaving them is the only way. Vote with the wallet.

droidx

Expert Member
this the fact that you need to ask for it - when every other iSP is like here you go customer
Crazy strategy since it is cheaper to retain a customer than work to sign up new ones to replace them. I guess they worked out that those who won't bother asking for the discount is worth the extra revenue.

isie

Honorary Master
Crazy strategy since it is cheaper to retain a customer than work to sign up new ones to replace them. I guess they worked out that those who won't bother asking for the discount is worth the extra revenue.
lol and when there is a price increase they don't wait for customers to ask for them to put the price up.

Norman86

lol and when there is a price increase they don't wait for customers to ask for them to put the price up.
This is my argument too, increases are automatic, decreases should be too.

Anyways, Sean, the HOD in sales at Vox finally called me and we were able to work things out.
It only took 4 days and a bunch of other people talking nonsense, before he stepped in, took responsibilty, and we came to an agreement. Thanks to him, Vox did not lose a customer this time. I will however not give them as much slack next time.

rrh

Expert Member
I went so far as to "mention" the price reduction to the local ratepayer's association. Hopefully errant ISP's will be receiving a number of phone calls next week :)

droidx

Expert Member
Update on my situation.
Gave notice to Vox and applied at Afrihost on 1 July.
Received the router from Afrihost shortly after application.
Waited out my waiting period, was never called by vox but checked cancellation status on their portal. All seemed in order so never called them either.
Was promptly disconnected this morning and got in touch with Afrihost, needed to provide my object number and the migration was submitted. I was advised that my line would be active in 24-48 hours and I'm online 3 hours later.

I had one or two smaller issues with Vox that I chose to live with. At least one of those are sorted and will monitor the rest over the course of the next month.

All in all, good service from both sides in getting my line moved.

droidx

Expert Member
Vox reckons I need to request the new price online
Like someone said above, they don't wait for customers to request price increases.
There was also no clear communication around it. I find it quite shady to go this route. So have you requested it?

akescpt

Honorary Master
Like someone said above, they don't wait for customers to request price increases.
There was also no clear communication around it. I find it quite shady to go this route. So have you requested it?

Not yet. I was going to do it since it was mentioned in here. Just awful customer service though. I wonder how much money these margins represent to them.