Immigrating to the UK

In SA on holiday for 2 weeks. Holy **** this place has gotten expensive! :eek:

Need to pick my mouth up off the floor just wondering around PnP/Checkers.
2 small bags of not really much. R900! **** me!

Still less than £40.

I have some beer52 golden tickets...anyone want? You will have to sign up but can cancel immediately to get a free case of beer!

Yeah I got back about 2 weeks ago. I couldnt believe quick small shops for cool drinks and snacks were running up like R300

When I left a wimpy mega breakfast was around R65, its R99 now, thats in 2 or so years

On the plus side, had amazing steak at Moo Moo and it was cheaper than a nandos here

Yeah I got back about 2 weeks ago. I couldnt believe quick small shops for cool drinks and snacks were running up like R300

When I left a wimpy mega breakfast was around R65, its R99 now, thats in 2 or so years

On the plus side, had amazing steak at Moo Moo and it was cheaper than a nandos here
Its the beauty of going back.
I plan to go back in Aug to fetch the Mrs and bring her here, and I am giving myself £1k as spending money while I am in SA and that my accomodation is free. I had the same budget for christmas and it still covered the purchasing of some Christmas gifts. This time... no gifts needed.

Was there in February.

R70 for a box of cereal, R39 for 2 litre milk. R25 for a TopDeck. Prices are crazy.

Was there in February.

R70 for a box of cereal, R39 for 2 litre milk. R25 for a TopDeck. Prices are crazy.
Comparing my last stay in London vs home, I would say grocery prices are fairly similar. Or for the stuff I buy at least. It’s only meat that I felt was still significantly cheaper in SA.

Was there in February.

Those prices seem excessive - except maybe the TopDeck, I don't eat those.

Was there in February.

On the other side, paid R140 for a 700g rib eye on the bone. That would be £30 here.

/cries

Under £20 at my local market village butcher.
Pay that all day though, their meat is top notch.

Yea I probably need to make a trip into town tomorrow to check out the market butcher here, I'm sure they'll have some more better prices.

Plan a holiday in April they said ..... it's coinciding lovely with seemingly all of europe transport striking :cautious:

Back