Importing Aliexpress via China Post Questions

Beachless

Executive Member
I will never use free shipping again. Parcel in the country 7 days and still hasn't reached local post office . Utter rubbish
You have to allow 2 months at least so only order the cheapo stuff that you are not worried about. My experience is 7-10 days from China to jhb and 1-2 months from there.

Damac10

You have to allow 2 months at least so only order the cheapo stuff that you are not worried about. My experience is 7-10 days from China to jhb and 1-2 months from there.
Lol..So true...Wall is a sick animal that needs to be put out of its misery..

Beachless

Executive Member
Lol..So true...Wall is a sick animal that needs to be put out of its misery..
For me it's a perfect service. If I want it dirt cheap from China with free guaranteed shipping you can't do any better. If I actually want or need it I buy it local or from a store that offers dhl etc.
People bitch about the crappy timelines but if it costs me nothing and I know what I am in for I'm happy.

GoB

Expert Member
Yes pretty amazing how cheap the shipping can be... I haven't seen anything as fast as Mr TL's, but got a tablet LCD screen for R300 in 8 weeks. 2 weeks for the post office to send a note btw. Would have cost R1000 here.

Jola

Honorary Master
Same experience, the problem is on the SA side.

Jings

Honorary Master
Is the Chinese holidays coming up shortly? How soon should the orders be put in to avoid delays?

gimpex

Is the Chinese holidays coming up shortly? How soon should the orders be put in to avoid delays?
You might be too late... i believe the holidays start Monday

I ordered two things on Friday. One shipped this morning while the other still processing. Hope its still gonna fly before the holidays

Jings

Honorary Master
You might be too late... i believe the holidays start Monday

I ordered two things on Friday. One shipped this morning while the other still processing. Hope its still gonna fly before the holidays
Thanks for the heads up. At least it will still be in time for Valentines gifts if global shippers are used.

Mr TL

4 of the 6 items I ordered from Alixpress has arrived in the country. Now I just have to wait for notification from the post office. I do hope they are not delayed .

Addstra

What do you think...i want to import smart watches and mobile accesories from china trough ali express.goods ad up to R10 000.tax would be 14%, they say no duties couse the price per item is less than R400 each.im reading trough all your post and starting to get worried...need help please

Mr TL

What do you think...i want to import smart watches and mobile accesories from china trough ali express.goods ad up to R10 000.tax would be 14%, they say no duties couse the price per item is less than R400 each.im reading trough all your post and starting to get worried...need help please
Still no word from post office and my items are 5 days in the country already. Not even new S.A tracking numbers active on the items yet.

P924

Expert Member
Still no word from post office and my items are 5 days in the country already. Not even new S.A tracking numbers active on the items yet.
Relax, 5 days is nothing. It is better to forget you ordered something and by the time you do get something, it feels like a present.

You will pay duties, it's per shipment not per item.

Lol 5 days... Try again after 5 weeks, maybe months, if ever

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
You will pay duties, it's per shipment not per item.

Lol 5 days... Try again after 5 weeks, maybe months, if ever
LOL, I bought some cameras in September and it arrived at my local post office mid December while I was out of town. When I went to enquire at the post office they told me I took too long and my cameras is now back on their way to China, it will probably take another two months before I have them in my hands :D