Importing Aliexpress via China Post Questions

LOL, I bought some cameras in September and it arrived at my local post office mid December while I was out of town. When I went to enquire at the post office they told me I took too long and my cameras is now back on their way to China, it will probably take another two months before I have them in my hands :D
Aiii ;)

Bluetooth speak
two times bluetooth head set
belt
All will have VAT, bluetooth speaker will have 7% ad valorem tax and belt will have duties of 30%

Interesting thread. Whenever I search for items locally, an AliExpress link always shows up in the searched items and coz they're so cheap and also, Chinese, my spidysense always told me to "step away from the keyboard". And I always did. I might just give AE a go with a cheap(ish) item. I wont go hungry if I were to lose R500 as part of my trial order.

Could you experienced AE shopper maybe give me a step by step on what to expect?
Thanx.

Nevar

Well I have orderd over 100 items from them . If it is a really small item that can fit into an envelope in your post box no duties.Free shipping option normally takes 2 months to get here . The nice DHL shipping it can be here within a week.

As per china not all the items are high quality and you must not have the expectation of it to be and you will be fine.An item can be had off ally for at least 1/5 of the price available locally so perhaps order 3 of the same item .If you are not happy with the Item the seller will not get paid and you will get a refund barring that you send them some photo's of the Item. Contact the seller first thou as they might want to sort this out with you in other ways.

Also note there is no return policy so make sure you are happy with the item before confirming the order.

Refunds normally happen between 5 and 7 days also note there is no warrantee on the product you normally order.

Hope this helps .

upup

Executive Member
They told me what my number were, but it was the wrong number, then they said, sorry, mine did leave them, but no tracking number, 3 months now, luckily just 3 dollars, but wanted it

thehuman

Expert Member
They told me what my number were, but it was the wrong number, then they said, sorry, mine did leave them, but no tracking number, 3 months now, luckily just 3 dollars, but wanted it
I think when they provide false tracking no there is no stock of item (most platforms penalize seller if he take too long to ship item)

So I'm making my first AliExpress purchase tomorrow. Just waiting on their 7th Anniversary Sale to kick in. :D
I have a few items on my Wishlist and a few in my Shopping Cart. I also have some of their Anniversary Coupons which only becomes valid from 28/03/2017 onward. Tomorrow I should make my purchase. Excited Much!?!?!?

PS: Anyone used AliExpress Coupons in the past? Can you comment on the use of their coupons? Can I combine, lets say, 2 x $2 coupons on one item and in effect, get $4 off the price? - Item in question is an E-Cig which is selling for around $40. Free Shipping Option. Could I get, essentially, $4 off and only pay $36?
Seems too good to be true.

TIA

I shipped 6 items from China that weighed 3 kg with DHL cost of items 90 dollars shipping 70 dollars tax and clearing 25 dollars got parcel in 4 days now factory want another 37dollars for shipping claim they had to pay extra because i live in Shelly Beach KZN this is after i got official quote and payed them. Never again and i will never pay the extra cost.

KDZAR

Hi guys, my wife absolutely addicted to Ali Express and some of the tips we picked up. When choosing your item go for free postage of course but choose one of the following for what we've seen had 0 import tax for a range of items "China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus" and "seller shipping method" and "4PX Singapore Post OM Pro". Ali Express shipping method Free shipping is second with about a max fee of R50 import tax. Of course the invoice amount comes into play. We mostly buy small items weighing less than a 1kg. China Airmail registered post is absolute worst with high import tax? Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Hi guys, my wife absolutely addicted to Ali Express and some of the tips we picked up. When choosing your item go for free postage of course but choose one of the following for what we've seen had 0 import tax for a range of items "China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus" and "seller shipping method" and "4PX Singapore Post OM Pro". Ali Express shipping method Free shipping is second with about a max fee of R50 import tax. Of course the invoice amount comes into play. We mostly buy small items weighing less than a 1kg. China Airmail registered post is absolute worst with high import tax? Hope this helps.
Shipping method has absolutely zero relevance to import tax.

It's just luck of the draw whether they inspect your package or not.

And if they do the invoice is all that matters and if they flag that you'll need to provide one in any case.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Shipping method has absolutely zero relevance to import tax.

It's just luck of the draw whether they inspect your package or not.

And if they do the invoice is all that matters and if they flag that you'll need to provide one in any case.
Absolute lies BOTH of you...

KDZAR is sharing some great inside information that only the really clever people know and use.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Absolute lies BOTH of you...

KDZAR is sharing some great inside information that only the really clever people know and use.
I hope that is sarcasm.

I've imported 100's of items, every which way imaginable. Believe me the shipping method has jack **** to do with anything.

The luck or the draw all lies in whether the particular person on shift at Customs actually feels like working on the day your stuff passes in front of them.

At this point if they even see something looking vaguely Chinese they'll pull it aside as they know the invoice will be hocus pocus.

Randhir

Honorary Master
Regular mail? Or via a dedicated courier?

That is insane if it was just regular el cheapo freebie mail.
Via DHL, but it was a R10k item that retails for a lot more here and shipping was included. Never used Aliexpress before this.

Shipping via Free Mail Option Update:

Placed Order: 29/03/2017
Item couriered from seller to airport: 01/04/2017
Item handed over to airline: 02/04/2017
Item departs Shenzhen, China: 06/04/2017
Item arrives at JIMC Hub: 09/04/207
Item Processed at JIMC Hub: 16/04/2017
Item in transit from JIMC Hub: 19/04/2017
Current Status: Still in transit :crylaugh:

How unbelievable that the item can move from seller to courier to origin airline to destination airline in all of 10 days but it takes SAPO two weeks (and counting) to get that item to me in my own country!!!

gimpex

Just received an item that shows on parcel tracking as having landed in SA on 23 March.

Others on average take a month from order to delivery.