Importing Aliexpress via China Post Questions

Received my package last week.
From (Hong Kong) time of order to landed in SA (JIMC): 7 days
From JIMC to Cape Mail: 4 weeks.
Does not make sense.
lol

ahmedomar

Thanks for your response .... Please would you mind maybe giving me your practical example of how long it took from ordering to receipt and value of item and costs involved

Be very wary of what you import from China. Half the goods they ship are sub-par and you will end up outlaying a lot of money for nothing. I have been burned and, at the end of the day, your so-called buyer protection is worthless.

Petebarrac

Look carefully at item descriptions as some pics can be decieving. Have bought over 50 items on ali and some arrive in about 40 days at quickest majority take about 45-60. Some have taken 3 months after extending protection. A number of them just haven't made it:(. SAPO is the culprit as they can sit with you items for up to 2 monthsand then deliver them to someone else in SA even though address is correct not often but has happened. You need to speak to sellers and request protection extensions up to a limit when you can then open dispute.

FNfal

Executive Member
It is quite simple buying from Aliexpress , just make sure 10 people have bought the item you want to buy and there is at least 10 feed back on the item you want to buy . Expect looong delivery times that is part of it .
I have bought more than 50 items from there and only one did not get here because it was never posted , got a refund no problem .
At the end of the day no decent feed back, no buy ,,,, simple .

In my experience: Just buy from highly ranked sellers with tons of good feedback.
I've bought around 10 items which has all arrived except for one which couldnt be tracked after it was posted from China. Seller quickly resent the item It arrived quickly... but was a very bad clone so I tossed it. It was cheap enough to toss.
All the other items were of decent quality.
Sellers are usually very prompt with response to queries.

how to extend customer protection on aliexpress

Look carefully at item descriptions as some pics can be decieving. Have bought over 50 items on ali and some arrive in about 40 days at quickest majority take about 45-60. Some have taken 3 months after extending protection. A number of them just haven't made it:(. SAPO is the culprit as they can sit with you items for up to 2 monthsand then deliver them to someone else in SA even though address is correct not often but has happened. You need to speak to sellers and request protection extensions up to a limit when you can then open dispute.
how do i extend the aliexpress customer protection

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Try not to buy any electrical items.

Back in 2013,I bought one of those plasma thingies and it blew up and caused a fire. Lucky I was close by to do damage control otherwise my house would have been in flames.

Since then I stopped buying off that portal.

HoosenE

Ordered first time from Ali Express in May 3 items none have arrived, opened disputes one company refunded me without even contacting me, another asked for 10 days to sort, the other hasn’t even replied

bromster

Expert Member
It's due to the post office strike. I've just received stuff from 3 months ago.

If this continues for much longer, they'll just stop shipping to SA like everyone else.

Bizza88

Tnt or aramex are the best when it comes to shipping from china not so expensive when buying high end margin products i have bought many myself through aliexpress and still do