Importing Console Games (beat the price increase)

benitok

you have an option of paying in pounds or euros. after logging in there's two icons on the right (under the "Your Basket" section) with pound and euro signs. just click on the pound one and all the prices will be in pounds again

Thanks, will check tonight.

Kerrrang!

Cool, though i still would prefer a faster shipping option. Might have to go through CDuniverse.

Brewmaster

"That guy"
oh and i picked up my MGS IV from the post office this morning, but apparently my LBP is not yet in the country although they were posted at the same time :confused: :rolleyes:

benitok

Email from Shopto.net:
"..If you had the currency as pounds when you went to select KZ2 as a pre order then you will be charged in pounds. We only use Royal Mail International Delivery for our games unfortunately.

Regards,
ShopTo Support..."

assagai

Expert Member
anyone tried ebay.co.za?
i see most of the listings are from the uk but prices seem really good.
anyone have any experience with this?

atom0101

hey guys, i know that ps3 is region free and all, but if i want to buy ps3 games that has japanese audios, does it mean all region has 2 audio channels or must i buy the japanese version or something? And does anyone have any idea if the jap version will have eng subtitles??

Thanks alot!!!

imaginary_friend

i dnt think that region codes apply to audio but i stand to be corrected. with regard to eng subtitles, i doubt it would have that unless the developers included it. its not a standard thing. but if ur not sure jus google ur game and find out

zeridine

just for those who have not yet tried shopto.net or any overseas online shop: try it. i ordered gta4 for a friend on the 15th Feb 2009 and i picked it up at the post office today. it worked out to be R408 for the game (+ shipping) and had to pay R25 at the PO. It bypassed customs - yay! Still a helluva lot cheaper than R700+ here in ZA.

benitok

Just received my Killzone 2 from Shopto.net and it cost less than R480 incl shipping. Didn't have to pay anything at the post office. It took about 8 days to get here, not bad.

Also glad I didn't have to pay R700+ for the game.

jvk

Expert Member
ps3 guys have a look on hellopeter....ster kinekor to be exact (sorry if this has been mentioned before :) )

they are holding all ps3 games coming in to the country,
apparantly they claiming it's fake ... they trying to force consumers into buying their ps3 games instead of importing titles ...

i don't own a ps3 but i feel what ster kinekor is doing is wrong!

jarrodr

Expert Member
I'm new to buying imported games guy, how would you recommend shopto.net?

And whats the average shipping cost?

And how long does it take to get here normally?

Thanks guys

benitok

I'm new to buying imported games guy, how would you recommend shopto.net?

And whats the average shipping cost?

And how long does it take to get here normally?

Thanks guys

Scroll up and read and read the previous page.

Solidus

Expert Member
I ordered from them week before last and my game arrived 7days later at my PO.
It can go quicker or longer, depends on the area methinks. I've heard Durban people are having trouble with Shopto. Theres a thread in the ps3za forums as well so might wanna check that out for most recent developments.

Solidus

Expert Member
Just Paid R585 for Special Edition Resident Evil 5 + Stragety Guide at Shopto :D
I'd rather wait 7days than pay R865 for it here
Just hope I don't get any duty charges on it :eek:

0rk0

Bought LBP a few days ago for R370 from Shopto.
Couldn't find anything locally below R600, bargain I say.:D

PDonut

Bought LBP a few days ago for R370 from Shopto.
Couldn't find anything locally below R600, bargain I say.:D

Yip, really is a bargain. Also just ordered, Though mine worked out to like R290 before customs...